Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires (2015 Latitude). I got 225-60-17. I was debating between 60's and 65's but went with the 60's so there would be no worries about any rubbing. 225 is wider than the factory 215's, which is nice. Plus, there is much less speedometer error with the 60's. Mounted on 25mm spacers. Got them at my local Discount Tire and they price matched the Tirerack price.
Very smooth and quiet ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got a 2021 Renegade Trailhawk on order; and I intend to equip it right away with the same Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires from the start, in place of the OEM Falken WildPeak H/Ts (which are really touring tires). The dealer is going to give me a credit of a few hundred bucks to do the switch.

Only difference is I'm going to stick with the OEM 215/65R17 size.

I want to do some reasonable off-road driving with them, and still have them decent for highway use.

So I'm thrilled to hear they're "smooth and quiet." I'd love to hear more.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'm due in the next couple of months a new set of front tyres.

Currently running Yokohamas all round but I think I will be trying out Falken WildPeak A/T Trail on the front for the moment and then replace the rear accordingly as and when required.

I love the look that the Wildpeaks afford but unsure if it's correct to mix the makes of tyres.

At least they will be the same across the axles in shape and size and all are radial tyres.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm due in the next couple of months a new set of front tyres.

Currently running Yokohamas all round but I think I will be trying out Falken WildPeak A/T Trail on the front for the moment and then replace the rear accordingly as and when required.

I love the look that the Wildpeaks afford but unsure if it's correct to mix the makes of tyres.

At least they will be the same across the axles in shape and size and all are radial tyres.
Well, the only reason I'm putting on the A/Ts from the start is because I'm going to be using the Trailhawk a lot for getting to backpacking trailheads here in the Rockies. Not Moab rock-crawling, but some pretty-primitive dirt and rocky roads, out where recovery might be a challenge. What opportunity do you get for that sort of thing in the UK? I'd think the H/Ts or something similar would be more appropriate, while giving a bit of off-paved-road capability.

My opinion is that mixing tires is less than optimal. If you have to, then certainly put identical tires on the same axles, of course.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I use my Jeep for launching my boat from sand. Yokohamas do them job but I like the strong, masculine, aggresive look the Jeep can have with Wildpeaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts