Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my 2019 Trailhawk for about 6 months. First thing I did was install the tow hitch, then I looked all over for a roof rack that wasn't a basket. I needed a flat one, for hauling lumber. Seems like baskets are the most popular, but I found some flat ones like the American Trail Products rack that sat too high off the existing rails or the Front Runner Slimline II rack with a price too high. Then someone on one of the Renegade forums mentioned that Just Jeep N Stuff builds custom racks for a decent price, so I rang them up and for the next few weeks the owner, Dave Ludington in Farmland, IN kept me up to date on the progress. We had many phone conversations, nailing down the measurements, finish coat, fastener type, delivery. Call him up if you need a rack, you'll realize pretty quick that Dave clearly enjoys fabricating Jeep racks. Here is mine, thanks Dave.

I should mention that the rack was delivered with about 1/4" bow on each end which isn't so good for hauling finish grade lumber but I took off the rack, turned it over with the ends propped off the ground and jumped on the middle until it straightened out. Dave said it had something to do with the weld, that he must've forgotten to check it, I don't think he'll do that again.

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Registered
2018 Renegade TH
3 Posts
I'm still waiting on his updated mounting system that makes the rack direct mounted. How much did the rack cost as you ordered it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts