Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased one a few hours ago and pick it up tomorrow night. I was looking around the internet and saw this looked like a good community. I bought a Latitude in orange with brown interior and the 17 inch alloy wheels. Looking forward to this! Any initial tips for starting out with the Renegade?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture! It is getting dark tonight, and tomorrow I will be dropping it off for them to install the trailer hitch, but hopefully I can get some more pictures this weekend. Does anyone else have the black top on theirs? Initially I did not like it, but it grew on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello. I'd ask what part of NY but since you say "upstate NY" I'll assume Yonkers. :laugh:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here is a picture! It is getting dark tonight, and tomorrow I will be dropping it off for them to install the trailer hitch, but hopefully I can get some more pictures this weekend. Does anyone else have the black top on theirs? Initially I did not like it, but it grew on me.
I love the black top, totally transforms the way the Jeep looks! I ordered mine Orange with Brown interior like yours, but with Mysky panels which gives a black roof also, but I will also be PlastiDipping the sides of the roof gloss black as well because I think it looks so good!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Is the black top an option? My orange latitude has an orange top (like the rest of the car). I assumed anyone who didn't have a trailhawk version was dipping/painting the roof to make it black.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello. I'd ask what part of NY but since you say "upstate NY" I'll assume Yonkers. :laugh:

LOL. I'm also upstate NY ... a little further up the Hudson Valley than Yonkers though ;) (about 100 miles north of the city and 40 south of Albany). You always have to clarify what people mean by 'upstate' because that can be a wide range!

Somewhat related side note - whenever you're outside NY and you tell people you're from NY, they generally assume NYC and start hitting you with a fake Brooklyn accent :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
LOL. I'm also upstate NY ... a little further up the Hudson Valley than Yonkers though ;) (about 100 miles north of the city and 40 south of Albany). You always have to clarify what people mean by 'upstate' because that can be a wide range!

Somewhat related side note - whenever you're outside NY and you tell people you're from NY, they generally assume NYC and start hitting you with a fake Brooklyn accent :D

I'm not originally from NY, but I have been staying (temporarily) on Long Island for the past 1.5 years for work. It confuses me when anyone says they are from "upstate" and I find out they aren't even (or barely) North of the 42nd parallel. I guess it's local lingo, as I also spent 2 years living in Schenectady, so "upstate" to me means North of there, as there's so much more state still North. Seems anyone North of NYC is "upstate" so upstate around here just means anything not NYC/Long Island.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From Rochester, like LittleRedJeep (so actually above the 43rd parallel!). Here is another view of the top. The factory black option paints the top and the little bit above the windows. Initially I did not like it, but then I looked at the standard top again and the black grew on me. I think it brings the car together since there is so much black trim on the bottom.

The MySky was not an option for me since I am a tall guy and the MySky cuts a few inches of headroom off that made the difference for me between comfortable and not.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just purchased one a few hours ago and pick it up tomorrow night. I was looking around the internet and saw this looked like a good community. I bought a Latitude in orange with brown interior and the 17 inch alloy wheels. Looking forward to this! Any initial tips for starting out with the Renegade?
Sweet color combo - I ordered one the same colors inside and out as you (only I got the little 16" wheels, LOL)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is the black top an option? My orange latitude has an orange top (like the rest of the car). I assumed anyone who didn't have a trailhawk version was dipping/painting the roof to make it black.
Yep, it's an available option on Latitude to get the roof black from the factory.

·
Registered
607 Posts
From Rochester, like LittleRedJeep (so actually above the 43rd parallel!). Here is another view of the top. The factory black option paints the top and the little bit above the windows. Initially I did not like it, but then I looked at the standard top again and the black grew on me. I think it brings the car together since there is so much black trim on the bottom.

The MySky was not an option for me since I am a tall guy and the MySky cuts a few inches of headroom off that made the difference for me between comfortable and not.

How tall are you? I'm 6'4" and even with the mysky, the headliner is still several inches up above my head! Plenty of head room in this thing! You must be over 6'6"!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.