Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The center display between the Speedometer and Tach, I have set to the digital Speed, it works fine but sometimes it will go black for a few seconds and then come back on. The 8.4 touch screen is not affected. I did try the navigation system out and it would show up in the center screen but would freeze at a turn until I would use the select buttons on the steering wheel to cancel it by going back to the digital speedometer. Has anyone else had this problem with the thing going black and coming back on? And is there a fix for it? I have had the Jeep for 3 weeks now. Maybe some setting I have overlooked. I checked the software and it says it it up to date. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The center display between the Speedometer and Tach, I have set to the digital Speed, it works fine but sometimes it will go black for a few seconds and then come back on. The 8.4 touch screen is not affected. I did try the navigation system out and it would show up in the center screen but would freeze at a turn until I would use the select buttons on the steering wheel to cancel it by going back to the digital speedometer. Has anyone else had this problem with the thing going black and coming back on? And is there a fix for it? I have had the Jeep for 3 weeks now. Maybe some setting I have overlooked. I checked the software and it says it it up to date. Thanks.
i would guess its a problem with the screen itself we have never had an issue like that with ours

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would guess its a problem with the screen itself we have never had an issue like that with ours
Hi thanks for that, so far after posting this the darn screen has decided not to act up. I hope it stays that way. I take it you also have an 80th Anniversary edition? Mine has the Granite Crystal Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint I like the looks of it a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi thanks for that, so far after posting this the darn screen has decided not to act up. I hope it stays that way. I take it you also have an 80th Anniversary edition? Mine has the Granite Crystal Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint I like the looks of it a lot.
No,i dont have 80th but other than packages they use the same touch screen and instrument cluster screen. We had a problem with radio a while back while navigation was on and radio on like 4 volume the nav prompted a turn and it came on full blast scared the crap out of us. No matter what i did the radio turned down to 1 even everything was full blast even the radio after that only way to fix was to pull negative battery cable.After i did this routine 3 times i took it to dealer they had it a week and eventually got the software updated and seems to have fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2019 White Renegade latitude
33 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the display on my 2021 Limited… It will periodically blank out and come back on. Mine seems to only do it at highway speed above 70, I’ve never seen it happen around town. I’ve taken it to the dealer they have seen it, and have opened a star ticket with Chrysler about it. I’m told there is a software upgrade that will be out within the next month or so that’s supposed to correct this problem… Let’s cross our fingers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the exact same problem with the display on my 2021 Limited… It will periodically blank out and come back on. Mine seems to only do it at highway speed above 70, I’ve never seen it happen around town. I’ve taken it to the dealer they have seen it, and have opened a star ticket with Chrysler about it. I’m told there is a software upgrade that will be out within the next month or so that’s supposed to correct this problem… Let’s cross our fingers
Thanks for that, I said I had not seen it since I wrote about it but I have only been driving around town so what you say makes sense, It was making a couple of trips to Denver on the Highway and that's when it happened to me. Let's hope it is as simple as a software upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts