Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2003 Kia Spectra that I bought brand new. Over the last 13 years I put 355,861 miles on it before trading it in. It started slowly letting me know it was on its last leg so I figured I'd better get rid of it before I get stranded far away from home. I was looking at the wrangler unlimited but after tons of research came to the conclusion I couldn't afford one.

I looked at the local Jeep dealers website and saw the Renegade. I test drove it...and it was for me, and priced well within my budget. I purchased it on March 9th and have already put over 4,000 miles on it. It's the front whee drive 6 speed manual 1.4. I've gotten a couple of laughs about it because it's not one of the jacked up 4X4's...but I'm 40 years old and I've never had to have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The worst driving conditions I have to deal with is snow and ice, and a front wheel drive manual has always gotten me through with no troubles.

It drives smooth, rides smooth, and gets excellent gas mileage!! Which is great for me because I drive about 100 miles a day. The best part about it being the manual transmission...my wife can't drive it. ? I am hoping to get as many miles and years out of my Jeep as I did my Kia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.