Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am really pleased to have found this forum. I am just about to press the go button on a new Renegade. I love the look of the car. I am going for the 1.6 D longitude with optional rear parking sensors.

I have to worries. The only colour they have in stock (which I need as I currently have no car) is Yellow (is this a bad colour? I am really not sure about yellow), and also I have read reviews which suggest the pillars at the front and back are huge and make parking difficult (I don't have any issues with parking and consider myself good at parking).....but have read this a few times....Other than that, I love the look of this car and have pretty much set my heart on this over the Mokka and sportage....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone, I am really pleased to have found this forum. I am just about to press the go button on a new Renegade. I love the look of the car. I am going for the 1.6 D longitude with optional rear parking sensors.

I have to worries. The only colour they have in stock (which I need as I currently have no car) is Yellow (is this a bad colour? I am really not sure about yellow), and also I have read reviews which suggest the pillars at the front and back are huge and make parking difficult (I don't have any issues with parking and consider myself good at parking).....but have read this a few times....Other than that, I love the look of this car and have pretty much set my heart on this over the Mokka and sportage....
Personally I dislike the yellow, it was my first choice until I saw one, I am so glad I saw it as the swatch looked to me a little deeper yellow, it's subjective though, the pillars are no problem at all, and the Jeep is a very good choice in my opinion. Had mine since sept15 and am very impressed with it, the mirrors are a bonus to parking, as you, I have no problem parking. I also tested the Mokka and Sportage among others and found the Jeep to be much more fun...:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, arghh I just don't know what to do, the wife said it looks like a banana (the car ahem).....
Personally, I don't think its too bad....like a mini hummer.....but then again.....its yellow!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
thanks guys, arghh I just don't know what to do, the wife said it looks like a banana (the car ahem).....
Personally, I don't think its too bad....like a mini hummer.....but then again.....its yellow!!!
Nice colour if you don't mind it being covered in ladybirds and bugs in the summer ... :D

No problem with the parking visibility at all ..

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts

Front a-pillars are zero issue with parking. Most common issue with them is pedestrian crossings at intersections and in parking lots. You have to keep your head moving as you can hide a decent sized person behind one.

AS for the rear pillars, if you have the back up cam, it's a non issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New option

hi all

ok so I have found a new option an Alpine White Renne Night Eagle.....think this one might be a go, but I am not sure on the brown seats lol, why would they do that?

Anyway, just waiting to see how long stock will be, but im thinking, its better than yellow, but not as good as sand or anvil.....but I have never had a white car, plus with the black night eagle wheels it might look good...any thoughts or experiences?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think white Renegades look good, esp with black wheels like on the trailhawks. Most of my recent cars have been black but I've had several white cars (inc a white 1986 corvette and white 1992 Z28 Camaro) ...not a problem. Will it have a black roof in Night Eagle spec?....if so it'l look really smart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think white Renegades look good, esp with black wheels like on the trailhawks. Most of my recent cars have been black but I've had several white cars (inc a white 1986 corvette and white 1992 Z28 Camaro) ...not a problem. Will it have a black roof in Night Eagle spec?....if so it'l look really smart.
I don't think it does, but it does have black satin grill and light surrounds so it will look smart with that and the black wheels

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've just been on the Jeep website on the configurator and dialed in a white night eagle, and it does look smart (in my opinion) , helped by the dark wheels.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a yellow trailhawk and love it. I bought yellow for two reasons---I wanted something "different" and the yellow stands out better when visibility is low (fog, snow, etc.) also, as a 30+ year search and rescue pilot I want a vehicle that can be seen if I ever get stranded in the deep woods.

Color choice aside, be sure to buy a vehicle that has all the options you want. Do not plan to swap or add things later since as many have found out, it is either expensive or impossible to do. These Jeeps are built around their computer systems and you just can't swap one for another.

Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.