Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed LED headlights from BPS Lighting (T2 H13 LED Headlight conversion kit.) Easy install, comes with a small tool so you can rotate it so the beam pattern is correct. No error code, no flickering, no canbus resistor needed and no more yellow! They have a 1 year warranty. I'll try to take pics later when its dark but they look good in the day time. They look very white, no blueish tint. I paid $40 on Amazon, I think they are out of stock now but might get more in. Thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
looks trully amazing, especially in that setup (black renny, rainny day) cool AF. Any plans on replacing the fog lights too, as they seem a bit "of"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yes, I actually just ordered them off Amazon. Same company/price for the H11. I was debating if should get an amber colored bulb but decided just to keep 1 color, just cleaner looking. I know amber is a better color to be seen if it is foggy but I just want a more uniform look. I'll post night pics of the headlights tonight. I already had LED DRL's, so the fogs will complete it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks! Yes, I actually just ordered them off Amazon. Same company/price for the H11. I was debating if should get an amber colored bulb but decided just to keep 1 color, just cleaner looking. I know amber is a better color to be seen if it is foggy but I just want a more uniform look. I'll post night pics of the headlights tonight. I already had LED DRL's, so the fogs will complete it.
i was just going to ask you for night pics. I am thinking about chaning my lights to LEDs but i think it is easier said than done in my country (Greece), something to do with local laws and the brightness/height of the lights of vehicles

·
Registered
244 Posts
you are gonna love them, i bought these same BPS T2 for my f150 , pull the bulbs out when i traded it in for the Renegade....transplanted them into the Renegade, they live on....along side their new little siblings, BPS T2 H11 fogs

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait to see a picture with LED fog lights. I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I have heard that some LED headlights lose a little distance on high beams. Interested to hear if you notice that tonight. What LED did you use for DRL's? Do they stay on for a little while after you shut them off?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great. Can't wait to see a picture with LED fog lights. I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I have heard that some LED headlights lose a little distance on high beams. Interested to hear if you notice that tonight. What LED did you use for DRL's? Do they stay on for a little while after you shut them off?
For the DRL's I used Pilot from Walmart. No errors or flickering. I've had them about 9 months. Had a code once and it went off in a few minutes and never came back. They seemed to have a slight blueish tint but now with the LED headlights, they don't look that way. They seem to match close enough not to find new ones. They do stay on for about 20 minutes after the car is shut off but it doesn't bother me, it's very dim .

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
For the DRL's I used Pilot from Walmart. No errors or flickering. I've had them about 9 months. Had a code once and it went off in a few minutes and never came back. They seemed to have a slight blueish tint but now with the LED headlights, they don't look that way. They seem to match close enough not to find new ones. They do stay on for about 20 minutes after the car is shut off but it doesn't bother me, it's very dim .
Thanks for reply. Still interested to see if you notice a fall off in distance on high beams. I have talked with a few owners that did the DRL led's and they all said that they stay on for a while although dim like you said.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in a moderately country area, I'm sure once I get the LED fogs, they will be very bright. But so far, just the headlights are a very nice improvement. If I could get into a newer Renegade, I'd definitely go with the HID option.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My last car was a MINI Cooper S, I bought LED headlights that cost twice as much and had to return them. They flickered and the beam was all over the place. I think the factory housing in the Renegade is much more suitable for LED's than my last ride, by far.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Also to mention, I've read a lot of reviews on LED's in stock housings, the LED's needs to be at 3 and 9. My first install they were at 12 and 6 and they would be blindigin to oncoming traffic. 9 n'3!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have Auxbeam variety of LED bulbs, the high beam just moves the concentrated light output "higher" up in the air (further down the road). IMO this isn't a benefit to LED bulbs.....Halogen bulbs got brighter and also threw more light down the road.

The good news is that LED bulbs produce excellent light in low beam use and that means taken as a whole (more usage in low beam vs high beam mode) they are a great upgrade.

I also did the fogs and the added light really fills in nicely around the front end and to the left and right sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts