Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The matching fogs were delivered yesterday, I'm going to try to get them in today. I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
One of the nice things about the Renegade is just how EASY a light bulb swap is. It really cannot be any simpler. Wish my 2013 Miata was this easy.....an incredible pain in the ass of fuse box/washer tank/almost no room/weird light mount combination that has it stuck with halogens until they blow out.

The Renegade is a piece of cake....even plenty of room to place the Canbus drivers (if needed) inside the rear of the headlight. Highly recommend this mod for all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
One of the nice things about the Renegade is just how EASY a light bulb swap is. It really cannot be any simpler. Wish my 2013 Miata was this easy.....an incredible pain in the ass of fuse box/washer tank/almost no room/weird light mount combination that has it stuck with halogens until they blow out.

The Renegade is a piece of cake....even plenty of room to place the Canbus drivers (if needed) inside the rear of the headlight. Highly recommend this mod for all.

Agreed, pretty easy install. The headlights literally took 5 minutes. It would have taken 2 minutes if I didn't have to adjust the LED's to be at 3 and 9. The fogs/DRL's aren't too bad, just a pain reaching behind the wheel to unscrew the crappy plastic pieces to access the bulbs. I'd recommend to wait until you have the fogs and DRL's that you want so you don't have to access the same panel twice.

Unlike the headlights, the fogs were not adjustable but the LED's were in the right position so everything is the way it should be. I briefly drove last night and 25 minutes this morning and no one flashed me. So I'm not concerned at all about the brightness. It seems to be in a good position.

·
Registered
244 Posts
in all the time i had these bps h13 in my f150, nobody flashed me. Swapped them over to the renegade at trade in. been in the renegade for 2 months no flash from other drivers. installed the h11 in the fogs and have been flashed 4 times. 2 i dont count because its an a-hole transport driver that hauls from the mine where i work, and even on the mine road he flashes us if we have our rigid work lights on the loader.
can't wait to install all my rigids on the jeep...light him up like the sun....karma's a b-itch....lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
in all the time i had these bps h13 in my f150, nobody flashed me. Swapped them over to the renegade at trade in. been in the renegade for 2 months no flash from other drivers. installed the h11 in the fogs and have been flashed 4 times. 2 i dont count because its an a-hole transport driver that hauls from the mine where i work, and even on the mine road he flashes us if we have our rigid work lights on the loader.
can't wait to install all my rigids on the jeep...light him up like the sun....karma's a b-itch....lol
The fogs are very bright with LED bulbs installed. The housing really creates a floodlight effect, I enjoy the extra light output fortunately have not been flashed yet.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
@Omarcito: that topic is 2 1/2 years old but it would be interesting to see if anyone has an up to date headlight bulb they are using (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
2020 White Latitude
10 Posts
I just purchased some Beamtech LED bulbs from Amazon. After looking at reviews there is someone using them on a renegade with no problems and pics are also on the review. They just need to be installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I just purchased some Beamtech LED bulbs from Amazon.
We are looking forward to reading your review.

After looking at reviews there is someone using them on a renegade with no problems and pics are also on the review. They just need to be installed correctly.
Ah I see your predicament.

Here we are all hoping that you get them working. Will you be interested in telling who who has them working?

I must admit that they could work if properly alligned.

·
Registered
2020 White Latitude
10 Posts
Well this was a review on amazon:

Work great with Jeep Renegade!
By tburns517 on May 08, 2018
I purchased BEAMTECH H13s and H11s to replace the headlights and fog lights in my ‘16 Jeep Renegade.

H13: I had to adjust/rotate the LEDs so the beam pattern was side to side. BEAMTECH makes this adjustment very easy, as the lights already have pre-drilled holes. It’s as simple as removing a tiny screw and rotating. The fan-less design fits perfectly in the housing with some room to spare with the dust covers on! These are error-free for the Renegade, and do not flicker. They also shut off entirely when you turn the vehicle off, they don’t stay dimly lit! I’m satisfied with how much they light up the road!

H11: Easy plug in and play right out of the box! No adjustments needed to the beam pattern. These are error-free, do not flicker, and do not stay dimly lit when the vehicle is off. These along with the H13s provide a good amount of light!

The photos attached show the old halogen bulbs (not OEM) compared to the LEDs. They are bright white with a very slight blue tint, which is perfect. I would highly recommend these!

I will update if I run into any issues, but so far so good!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts