Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Renegade was delivered 4 weeks ago and I'm delighted with it.

Previously drove an Alfa 147 which I loved, great drive. I've never owned a Jeep before but couldn't stop looking at the Renegade and finally placed my order end Sept 2015. It finally arrived 5 months later on the brand new UK Reg.

I went for the 4x4 1.4 170bhp limited in black and got carried away with the options so have the panoramic sunroof, function pack, parking pack and visibility pack. Love driving my renegade, all my mates are seriously impressed too. Nobody can quite get their heads around the tardis like size inside!

Can't wait to go off London roads and motorways to test the 4x4. Favourite things are the auto dimming headlights, heated seats, lane departure, and auto parking although I haven't worked out how to use it to get out of spaces yet (manual says it exits as well as parks?).

Glad to be part of the community

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well first, welcome!.

Second, 5 MONTHS. ???
I'm thinking I'm on the 5th week of an 8 week wait.
You've just scared the crap out of me now. Why 5 Months.?
I asked 3 dealers in Ireland what was the lead time and they all said 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I was told 8-15 weeks initially, sounded like that was standard. I should say that I ordered mine through an online company because I got about £5k off the list price however they order through preferred dealerships so the process was actually the same as if I'd ordered it directly through the dealership. My dealer was in Newcastle. We had Christmas during that time don't know if that made a difference.
Based on the 8-15 weeks I expected mid Jan at worst but I was finally told it was available for delivery mid Feb. Obviously I decided to hold off until the new reg and they agreed to deliver 1st March.

Because the order was actually placed second week of October by the dealership I got the 2016 model. It was all a bit touch and go, I wanted the automatic parking but when I placed the order I found out FCA had removed it due to tech issues. By the time my order actually went through it was resolved and they were fitting it again. But it took many phone calls and emails to confirm it.

It was a long and painful wait! I hope yours is faster!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.