Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here. I just discovered the Renegade a few weeks ago via the TV ads. Now that I look into it it looks like that might be my next vehicle. But that might be a while from now. I currently drive a '13 Hyundai Veloster Turbo which I like a lot. I've never had a 4X4 or AWD so I think it's about time with the next vehicle.

I'll be checking in here from time to time to read reviews and see what the problems are. I probably won't have much to contribute since I don't have a Renegade. What I do have though is a lot of driving experience. I've been driving for 47 years ;)

So good luck with your Renegades. Maybe I can test drive one before long and give some input from that. Everything I've read so far is very encouraging about this car. Looking forward to being a Jeep guy some day.

·
Registered
953 Posts
So are you planning on adding the Renegade to your stable, or will you trade the Veloster in in order to get the Renegade. I think the Veloster is a pretty cool car too.

Welcome to the forum. let us know if we can help you make your decision at all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That driving experience will indeed come in handy since over those years you sure learn a lot of valuable tips and life lessons, from driving to even working on vehicles or even with diagnosing an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately a Renegade would not be an addition but a replacement. The Veloster is only two years old so it might be a while. But I love cars and am always looking for the next vehicle. But it doesn't make economic sense to trade in too often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the same boat, I am looking to trade in my turbo veloster for a renegade. First child is on the way and need something a bit bigger :). Also on a side note, does your veloster do absolutely horrible in the rain. I feel like my car will spin out even in a drizzle.

My problem seems to be finding one that has everything I want. I've been looking all over the area and nothing comes close to 100%. It looks like I may have to give somewhere in order to grab one off the lot.

My Renegade of choice would be an Orange Trailhawk with power mysky, cold weather package, tow package and the autostart/push to go with back up camera.
Not really concerned with leather, Navigation or premium sounds.

Good luck and hopefully you get into your renegade sooner than you think!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the 'Welcomes' everybody. This seems like a friendly place. I can do without drama.
I belong to a Veloster forum which is OK. But in the real world, I'm not impressed with Veloster owners. I've had my car for two years and 33,000 miles and I've only had one other Veloster driver even acknowledge that I was on the road. No one else has even looked at me even when right next to me. Pretty snotty crowd in my experience. I'm hoping the Jeep crowd is a little friendlier (that's assuming that I actually end up with the Renegade some day).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.