Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

purchased my 1.6 manual diesel longitude last September. Have completed 12,000 miles in 4 months, no issues whatsoever. Averaging about 48 mpg. It’s a 2015 model but I’ve painted the wheels black and put the 2019 neon rear light clusters on - original jeep part. I tried 3 different led drl bulbs but all had errors, so I went back to standard bulbs. I also tried Philips LED heaslight bulbs but as good as they were, they dazzled oncoming traffic so again, back to standard halogen! The headlight housing design scatters too much on anything other than halogen. I’d like to add some extra lights at the front as I’m rural and it would benefit the jeepno end. Any ideas? Great forum by the way! I’ve also got the illuminated side reflectors on the front wing - much better than the standard orange blank reflectors!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Christian,

I also toyed with an upgrade to the headlights but was advised against it due to the light scatter which I believe can be re-adjusted to comply with the legal side.

A few of the guys in here have lightbars on the bumper or roof and they look awesome. My mate whos a mechanic and was visiting today told me he will get his electrician to fit one for me. Thats my next upgrade.

I also know someone who willbe along shortly and will show you their light bar.

It's IDoMyOwnRacing and their car looks awesome (y)(y)(y)

ps I did a double take on your number plate phew I thought it said BNP. I really need my eyes retested. :oops:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all,

purchased my 1.6 manual diesel longitude last September. Have completed 12,000 miles in 4 months, no issues whatsoever. Averaging about 48 mpg. It’s a 2015 model but I’ve painted the wheels black and put the 2019 neon rear light clusters on - original jeep part. I tried 3 different led drl bulbs but all had errors, so I went back to standard bulbs. I also tried Philips LED heaslight bulbs but as good as they were, they dazzled oncoming traffic so again, back to standard halogen! The headlight housing design scatters too much on anything other than halogen. I’d like to add some extra lights at the front as I’m rural and it would benefit the jeepno end. Any ideas? Great forum by the way! I’ve also got the illuminated side reflectors on the front wing - much better than the standard orange blank reflectors!
Was the rear tail lamp upgrade a direct swap or did you have customize the wiring? Do the LED tails work like factory? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holly cow. I have the 2.4 trail hawk an I average 20 MPG. We thought it would get better gas mileage but because it's a trail hawk it's heavier a nd doesn't get good gas mileage, but the protective skid plates are worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
In colder weather...using 4wd lock more...with it starting each drive cycle with the seat heater on high, the wheel heater on, and the window and mirror heaters on...running more aggressive tires...driving like I drive...20 is about the lowest average I see. I'm usually in the 21-22-ish range. Was 23-24-ish in the fall, on the original tires, and with warmer temps and no 4wd lock.

But yes, TH is a little heavier, and has a more aggressive drive ratio, so a little less is probably normal.

·
Registered
259 Posts
More details on where you got the rear LED tails and was it plug and play?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts