Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 1.3l Turbo
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Renegade but I'm no stranger to Jeeps. I started with a '98 Wrangler Sport, '11 Liberty Renegade and a '14 Grand Cherokee Limited. I have the Renegade Trailhawk 1.3L Turbo for about 2 months now and have started modding it. I started with replacing all the amber halogen lights with white LED lights, I then tackled the intake and exhaust. I always ran straight pipes on previous Jeeps because I'm that one guy who likes the ridiculous sound. The intake is a custom cold air w/ a K&N cone filter. This past weekend I Plasti Dip-ed two of the front grills just to make it more my own style. I have ordered the Madness Max Power Pro Performance Module w/ Go Pedal and Rugged Ridge 1.25 wheel spacers. Up next will be a set of Toyo Open Country A/T III tires.

I'm glad there's a community for us here!

IMG_20210509_172552771_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20210523_162848782_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210523_162902337_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is my first Renegade but I'm no stranger to Jeeps. I started with a '98 Wrangler Sport, '11 Liberty Renegade and a '14 Grand Cherokee Limited. I have the Renegade Trailhawk 1.3L Turbo for about 2 months now and have started modding it. I started with replacing all the amber halogen lights with white LED lights, I then tackled the intake and exhaust. I always ran straight pipes on previous Jeeps because I'm that one guy who likes the ridiculous sound. The intake is a custom cold air w/ a K&N cone filter. This past weekend I Plasti Dip-ed two of the front grills just to make it more my own style. I have ordered the Madness Max Power Pro Performance Module w/ Go Pedal and Rugged Ridge 1.25 wheel spacers. Up next will be a set of Toyo Open Country A/T III tires.

I'm glad there's a community for us here!

View attachment 2396351191 View attachment 2396351192 View attachment 2396351193
howdy and welcome! very nice setup you have there, I also installed a cold air intake, AEM brand, straight pipe with cone filter. As for those tires, you will love the Toyo AT 3's. I just got a set of 225/65/17 and they are awesome on my 2016 Latitude. I also installed a 1.5" Teraflex lift and 1" wheel spacers. And for the roof I installed a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with the Backbone rails. I agree, its so nice to have a community of like minded "Jeeptians".
IMG_5127 (1).JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
2021 Renegade Trailhawk
20 Posts
Thanks! I love the gray, black and red together. Had to get rid of the yellow/orange side marker lights.
Yea we have the same colors on ours. Showed the wife the dip you did on the grill and she really likes it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, the red Plastidip turned out to be a perfect match with the tow hooks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So I am looking at some new wheels and tires. I have the 1.25" spacers from Rugged Ridge on the way and I am assuming that I could run some Vision Cross 17"x7.5" (stock wheels are 17"x6.5"). I also want to put the Toyo Open Country AT 3 255/70R17 on there. This is a package deal offered by Custom Offsets. Any help or opinions are appreciated! I'll post a screenshot of the info.
Screenshot_20210531-073530.png

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I am looking at some new wheels and tires. I have the 1.25" spacers from Rugged Ridge on the way and I am assuming that I could run some Vision Cross 17"x7.5" (stock wheels are 17"x6.5"). I also want to put the Toyo Open Country AT 3 225/60R17 on there. Shouldn't I be able to run something a bit wider with the spacers and wider wheels? This is a package deal offered by Custom Offsets. Any suggestions are appreciated!
I would guess your trail hawk has the same height as mine now that I installed the after market lift kit. I only experience slight rubbing from the front tires when I turn the wheel all the way right or left and that doesn’t happen every time. I did lots of measuring of the wheel well to see what kind of clearance I could expect before I got my Tokyo’s installed. I also have the 1” wheel spacers. You mention the tire size you want to get is 225/60, mine are 65 wide. Not sure if that was a typo or do they make a 225/60 in the 17” rim size?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would guess your trail hawk has the same height as mine now that I installed the after market lift kit. I only experience slight rubbing from the front tires when I turn the wheel all the way right or left and that doesn’t happen every time. I did lots of measuring of the wheel well to see what kind of clearance I could expect before I got my Tokyo’s installed. I also have the 1” wheel spacers. You mention the tire size you want to get is 225/60, mine are 65 wide. Not sure if that was a typo or do they make a 225/60 in the 17” rim size?
That's what they said. I just updated my post because I found a set of AT 3s that were 255/70R17.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's what they said. I just updated my post because I found a set of AT 3s that were 255/70R17.
I‘ve Read you can get away with a 29.5” tall tire without cutting the pinch seam, but anymore than that and your gonna need to start cutting and hammering.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The info you posted shows the overall diameter of the tire is 31.1”. I think that’s where you run into problems, the wheel wells are only so wide in the back and even worse in the front cause of the wheel turning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I‘ve Read you can get away with a 29.5” tall tire without cutting the pinch seam, but anymore than that and your gonna need to start cutting and hammering.
Yeah, I'd like to avoid any cutting or hammering, lol.

I think this setup may be better...
Screenshot_20210531-075809.png

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have those 235/65R17's and they will fit with 1" spacers and a 2" lift with no pinch seam mod on the stock wheels of a Latitude. I cannot say for certain if the extra .25 on the spacers and the extra wheel width and different offset might be a problem. I think you are likely to have a little rub at full turn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice! Well my spacers should be arriving soon so I'm going to put those on and check my clearance. I actually like my OEM wheels and don't wanna mess with offsets and all that. Depending on what I find with the spacers, I may just put a set of Toyos on what I got. Sure, I'd love to go with a wider tire but at the end of the day, I'm not sure I can justify putting on 235's vs 215's and potentially having rubbling issues. Is 20mm worth it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice! Well my spacers should be arriving soon so I'm going to put those on and check my clearance. I actually like my OEM wheels and don't wanna mess with offsets and all that. Depending on what I find with the spacers, I may just put a set of Toyos on what I got. Sure, I'd love to go with a wider tire but at the end of the day, I'm not sure I can justify putting on 235's vs 215's and potentially having rubbling issues. Is 20mm worth it?
Yeah that makes sense, I love my factory wheels and it saved money not having to buy just a slightly smaller wheel to get a larger tire. My 225's give plenty of ground contact. Also factor in gas mileage goes down with larger more aggressive tires.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Cool, the red Plastidip turned out to be a perfect match with the tow hooks.
The red accent looks great on the Trailhawk. As for tires I have seen as large as 235 x 65r 17 very successful with a lift. With no lift I put BFG AT KO2"s 225 65r 17s on the original wheels and the look and performance was enhanced enough for me. Any heavy treaded AT tire will improve your off road grab. Enjoy your TH they are very capable even stock!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts