Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Megan from Michigan and I just joined this forum. I am doing a lot of research right now on the Renegade and I'm looking to purchase one within the next month.

I do have several questions so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will be purchasing a 4 x 4, automatic, but I'm not sure if I should get the Sport or the Lattitude. Can anyone explain the differences other than price?

Do these two models take only premium gas?

Also, most I have been looking at have no spare tires. Can I purchase one on my own somewhere and what is the approximated cost? I'm only 24 and I don't want to get stranded somewhere as I drive close to 25 miles to work one way.

Thank you for helping me

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Hi, I'm Megan from Michigan and I just joined this forum. I am doing a lot of research right now on the Renegade and I'm looking to purchase one within the next month.

I do have several questions so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will be purchasing a 4 x 4, automatic, but I'm not sure if I should get the Sport or the Lattitude. Can anyone explain the differences other than price?

Do these two models take only premium gas?

Also, most I have been looking at have no spare tires. Can I purchase one on my own somewhere and what is the approximated cost? I'm only 24 and I don't want to get stranded somewhere as I drive close to 25 miles to work one way.

Thank you for helping me
Hey, Detroit Tigers! Welcome to the forum! There are a few of us from Michigan here.

My computer's not cooperating, so I couldn't look up the differences between the Sport and Lattitude models. Pretty sure you can find some info at Jeep.com. I do know that premium gas is suggested for the 1.4 liter turbo engines.

From what I understand, the Renegades without the spare come with a tire repair kit that'll temporarily repair a flat and allow you to drive a short distance. I think it pumps some sort of sealant into the tire along with some air. Whether there's a spot in the back for a spare if you want to buy one yourself, I don't know.

Hopefully someone with more info will share it here.

Again, welcome to the forum. I think you'll love your Renegade. I know I love mine!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The comparison chart is here http://www.jeep.com/model-compare/detailed-chart/?modelYearCode=CUJ201509, but since the options vary so much, it's probably more useful to look at the models that are actually on the lots around you.

The Sports can come stripped down or with a lot of options on them. My Sport has Uconnect 5.0, backup camera, larger engine, upgraded wheels, power and air, 4 Wheel drive, and the backup camera, but those are all options on the Sport, whereas the base Latitudes have them already and might have additional optional goods. The Latitudes also have window tint and roof racks standard.

I believe only the 1.4 engine needs premium gas.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have a 2.4 automatic 4x4 and use regular gas. From what I read, it is not needed and I won't pay for it if I don't have to. The latitude has a lot more basic options, that is what I went with. I don't like the look of the vehicle nearly as much without the roof rails, and they don't come standard on a sport. Also, the windows are tinted on the latitude. And I wanted 18" tires, which is an upgrade on the latitude. It's all about options.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome Detroit Tigers. All the above replies are correct. The sport has basically really stripped down to the bare minimum and doesn't even have AC. Now you can deck it out with all the options that the Latitude comes with I am pretty sure. Go to Jeeps website and click the build and price button on the upper right after you select the Renegade. From there that will tell you the differences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.