Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, new to the forum here from NC. Just rolled 900 miles on my 2020 Renegade Trailhawk. So far I’ve installed crossbars, a roof basket, quick fist mount for my shovel, and a car side awning (not including all the basic tools/recovery I would need). Looking for some direction on where I need to go next as I’ll be using my Renegade as a beach buggy and a daily commuter more than anything, so I don’t want to change too much on it. Any words of wisdom is appreciated!

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
173 Posts
Welcome to the forum, bootyful renny! I wish I lived closer to a beach :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where did you get the awning, an dIm curious how you installed it. I wish to add the same type of awning and currently shopping for one
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did you get the awning, an dIm curious how you installed it. I wish to add the same type of awning and currently shopping for one
Thanks
I got the owning from amazon, it was a cheap knockoff ARB I found for $100. It’s actually pretty good, especially for the price and how often I’ll use it. It is the 6.6’ x 8.8’ I think but it’s not available from where I got it.

Yescom 6.6'x8.2' Car Side Awning Rooftop Pull Out Tent Shelter PU2000mm UV50+ Shade SUV Outdoor Camping Travel Grey Amazon.com: Yescom 6.6'x8.2' Car Side Awning Rooftop Pull Out Tent Shelter PU2000mm UV50+ Shade SUV Outdoor Camping Travel Grey: Automotive
To mount it I decided I wanted it attached to my basket so I could take the entire thing off as one piece. The awning came with some aluminum L shaped brackets, with another straight piece of aluminum to kinda sandwich whatever you were mounting it to. I didn’t like that option because I was worried about it rotating on the basket or getting it too tight and stressing the aluminum. So I trimmed the L brackets down a bit and drilled another hole to mount it up with U bolts attached to the roof basket tubing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts