Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
We are working on a new OBD II tracker/scanner. Our device is almost finished but we still have time to add new functions or change some of the existing ones. I want your advice to make it better if it is interesting for you to participate in the process of creating a new device for your car.
Main functions of the device:
- reads engine error codes;
- shows the data from dashboard indicators;
- real-time 24/7 vehicle monitoring;
- location tracking;
- notification when vehicle enters or leaves a geo-fence;
- driver's behavior analysis;
- accident notification;
- 3d reconstruction of the accident;
- mobile application; Which other functions would you find useful? What functions do you think are unnecessary?
I will be thankful for any ideas. Feel free to say what you think.

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
Can OBD scanners understand these codes?
Everything possible? Don't know. However, when I had an issue I pulled a number of codes that came up in Internet searches as rather brand specific.

The only two areas I see even remotely lacking in the obd2 dongle market are info on proprietary codes, and sampling rate. It's a pretty saturated market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys!
Soon we launch our Kickstarter campaign. There will be available all information about our project and our team. This project will be very interesting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi sam

reading the code isn't very helpful if you don't know what the code means right? if you could get the fiat/jeep explanation of what the codes mean it would help a lot.
can you also read the CAN bus codes? and of course an explanation of what the code is would help.
if so, can you write to the CAN bus? (ie, turn the blinker on through the OBD II device)

last thing is, it would help to see in real time what gear the car is in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi sam

reading the code isn't very helpful if you don't know what the code means right? if you could get the fiat/jeep explanation of what the codes mean it would help a lot.
can you also read the CAN bus codes? and of course an explanation of what the code is would help.
if so, can you write to the CAN bus? (ie, turn the blinker on through the OBD II device)

last thing is, it would help to see in real time what gear the car is in.
Great idea! We thought about how to do this. We can't do it now because of some technical issues, but we will definitely reveal it in the next version of the device.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few weeks but I've been very busy with my project.
I have good news.Next week we are going to start our Kickstarter campaign, so you will be able to see the result of our work.
I will keep you updated!

·
Registered
190 Posts
http://www.freeautomechanic.com/diagnostictroublecodes6.html

The above link cover the OBD II codes from 1996 for all cars sold in the USA. Not all cars use all the codes, all the codes used by any make of car should be in the list. The codes need to be used with a manual for trouble shooting problems.

You can research specific codes for detailed information.

Any common Code reader or analyzer should allow you to read codes for any car.

Clifton

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I am from Brazil and I would like to know if anyone know what is the protocol of OBD2 port of Renegade Trailhawk?
This is my obd2 conector pin:
From what I've discovered:

Pair 6 and 14 are the OBD-II and primary vehicle CAN bus running at 500kbps. (Green and Brown if I recall correctly.)
Pair 12 and 13 are a secondary or backup? vehicle CAN bus also running at 500kbps. (Same colors as pair 6 and 14, but both feature a white stripe.)
Pair 3 and 11 are "Infotainment" CAN bus running at 125kbps. (Blue and White wires)

Pins 3, 6, and 12 are the CAN high signal of the respective pair.

As for the OBD-II protocol, it is definitely using the 29 bit ID version. Vector CANalyzer was not doing much with OBD-II in 11 bit ID mode.

Be advised, this information is based off a 2015 Renegade Sport 1.4L.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
and how much will this thing cost?

if more then 30 bux

i cant buy one knowing that i can purchase a reader(10 to 18$) and app for a phone /tablet (5 to 8 $)

which does what u are trying to do and more

·
Registered
977 Posts
Make it stay on with a lock so it can't be handed to me by kids with attitudes or cops with attitudes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts