Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope that everyone has enjoyed their weekend so far.

Just picked up a 2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 1.4l 6MT from Oklahoma, 18000 miles. Currently reside in the mixed conifer forest of NM. I work in the outdoor recreation and public sector field.

This is my first American car. I previously owned a 2001 Toyota 4runner, Saab 900, 1990 Toyota Truck and heavily modified Honda prelude :LOL: racer. I drive Jeeps and lifted Ford trucks for work.

Thoughts on the renny so far:

-Fun to drive and great gas mileage. I'm getting 31mpg on the highway at 75, and almost 41mpg going under 65 on the back roads at Cruz.

-It handles these forest roads well. I'll be putting this thing to the test, and driving the Forest Circus roads daily.

-Uconnect sucks ballz. Updated and it made my audio quality worse.

Questions and concerns about the Renny:

-Diesel ticking noise? Dang this little engine sounds loud. Seems like some people are getting a re-flash.

-Is pressing the clutch pedal to the floor really necessary in this unit? I typically double shift/clutch style drive.

Planned mods/service:

-Roof basket and ladder.
-Seat covers?
-Take it to the dealer and have them flash/upgrade a few modules for performance.
-General Grabber AT2 stock, for now.
-Skid plates ASAP. Engine splash guard.
-Possible 2.5" lift kit, after I see what stock can do.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of info here. Glad to hear you are enjoying your Renegade. The mods you mention will probably do a job on your gas mileage, especially the basket. The dealer will probably flash your engine but it won't be for performance, just normal running flashes, usually if needed. I have the 2.4L motor and it ticks like a diesel, they are noisy. Good luck with your 1.4L Renegade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of info here. Glad to hear you are enjoying your Renegade. The mods you mention will probably do a job on your gas mileage, especially the basket. The dealer will probably flash your engine but it won't be for performance, just normal running flashes, usually if needed. I have the 2.4L motor and it ticks like a diesel, they are noisy. Good luck with your 1.4L Renegade.
Thank you. I'm hoping they might flash the Amp as well, per the TSB. I'm getting terrible audio quality after the last update.

I'm attempting to make the basket easily removable, to keep the MPG down on the weekend commute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts