Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is doing well!

Just purchased a 2018 Upland Sport a little over a week ago and so far it seems like a stellar vehicle.

However, i'm not gonna lie, the forum has me a bit worried over the oil burning and transmission issues.

So far, everything appears to be fine, but I feel like I might of made a bad decision.

Can anyone else with a 2018 calm my fears?:|

·
Registered
65 Posts
Transmission is fine if you have the latest and greatest software update. The oil issue is only on a small amount of vehicles with the 2.4 engine. Mine was a casualty of this and they replaced the short block under warranty. No issues since.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Appreciate the response. Stupid question, but how can I tell if I have the latest software?

You can't tell, but the dealer can. My suggestion is don't even worry about it unless your transmission is doing weird things. Keeping in mind that these 9 speed transmissions are not a typical automatic, so they act kind of weird anyway. Just enjoy it, but check your oil regularly especially during break-in, and add when needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 Renegade Sport here. I'm up to about 13000 miles. I too was worried with everything on the forums. I had my first oil change at 3000 miles and I kept a close eye on it before that. In the first 3000 miles I had to put 1 qt of oil in it. I have not had to put any oil in since then(I do keep a pretty close eye on it though). I have not had any issues with the transmission. This is the first "new" vehicle that I have ever owned and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts