Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Andrew from Abilene, TX. I'm sitting in the dealership, awaiting putting my name on the last of the paperwork for a new, 2015 Renegade Trailhawk. None in stock, so they're doing a dealer trade, should be in tomorrow morning.

While I do plan on some off-roading, I plan to keep the renegade stock, except for maybe a sound upgrade (at least for now). Got a drift car and sport touring motorcycle that eat up all my upgrade money, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome to the boards and congrats, what trim and paint did you go with??
Thanks. Yeah, I thought Trailhawk the trim, lol. Glacier silver, and has a few added options, but remote start and keyless entry were the only two I really cared about. The others just happened to be on it...plus, it's the only one within 250 miles that would be available for a few weeks, at least for a trail hawk in a color the wife wanted.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in Brownwood TX and just ordered mine last week. Wonder how long it will take me to get my Solar Yellow Fully Equipped Trailhawk?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in Brownwood TX and just ordered mine last week. Wonder how long it will take me to get my Solar Yellow Fully Equipped Trailhawk?
Hopefully not too long. The dealership I got mine from tried scamming me left and right, (don't think I'm allowed to name it in the forum, but should be easy to guess if familiar with Abilene). They tried to scam me out of my truck, and they tried to con me out of my military rebate. In the end, only did the deal when I got a call that they could have it the next day with the deal I wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! My husband and I just moved to Abilene and we're looking into getting a Renegade ourselves! (My car's timing belt broke on the move over) And I was just wondering if I could get some pointers on going about dealing with the "dealerships" in Abilene. It'll be the first time we purchase a new vehicle so we're hoping not to get screwed. (Hope you dont mind my asking/I don't mean to hijack your thread)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually found mine online via the jeep site dealer search and got it out of Arlington they brought it to me.. I did check here first and there were none.. However when i returned to the dealership the GM was very upset that his people did not put forth more effort to get one in so I could buy it from them.. I wanted the Trailhawk in Glacier Metallic and the sales people said they could not find one(General Manager was not in that day) So if it were me I would want to involve a manager(possibly the GM) if they do not have the one you want on the lot.. The GM was very very apologetic when he realized what had happened.. PM me if you want to know where.. There is the other one in Clyde Blake Fullenwider, not sure which one you are planning on visiting. Do your homework on the price and have some defined boundaries for your purchase before you walk in and stick to them. Like price willing to pay, finance % (of course this depends on your credit) limit, down payment amount, and what you want to pay per month.. Remember it is ok to fall in love with a car but always be willing to walk if you feel it is not a fair or good deal !! Good Luck !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually found mine online via the jeep site dealer search and got it out of Arlington they brought it to me.. I did check here first and there were none.. However when i returned to the dealership the GM was very upset that his people did not put forth more effort to get one in so I could buy it from them.. I wanted the Trailhawk in Glacier Metallic and the sales people said they could not find one(General Manager was not in that day) So if it were me I would want to involve a manager(possibly the GM) if they do not have the one you want on the lot.. The GM was very very apologetic when he realized what had happened.. PM me if you want to know where.. There is the other one in Clyde Blake Fullenwider, not sure which one you are planning on visiting. Do your homework on the price and have some defined boundaries for your purchase before you walk in and stick to them. Like price willing to pay, finance % (of course this depends on your credit) limit, down payment amount, and what you want to pay per month.. Remember it is ok to fall in love with a car but always be willing to walk if you feel it is not a fair or good deal !! Good Luck !!
Thank you for the help! We went in to a dealer last Saturday and figured out exactly what we're going to get! This Friday we're going to go in and actually get it! It was cool too, I saw one of you Abilene Renegade owners on the way back! It made me smile! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey! My husband and I just moved to Abilene and we're looking into getting a Renegade ourselves! (My car's timing belt broke on the move over) And I was just wondering if I could get some pointers on going about dealing with the "dealerships" in Abilene. It'll be the first time we purchase a new vehicle so we're hoping not to get screwed. (Hope you dont mind my asking/I don't mean to hijack your thread)
Go to the Clyde dealership, Blake Fulenwider. Not too far, off never heard complaints avoid them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
See, the manager told me that they weren't available in the states yet...until I gave him the number to a dealership that had one. I'm still getting calls from the dealership about me not turning in my verification of disability. I told then I'd turn it in to them once FCA gets back to me. They also told me they couldn't register the vehicle until they got it, because the paperwork couldn't go through. Guess they forgot to tell the person who called me about my plates bring ready, lol. This is my 7th new car, and never have I had as many issues as with this dealership. If I don't hear back from FCA within the next week, I'm going to the legal office on base.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.