Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Renegade limited is scheduled for delivery on the 1st of July and I am excited as order was placed way back in April.
I have read up a lot about this car on this thread and needs pointers on how efficient and fun to drive/own from other owners. And possibly things to expect after taking delivery.
Thanks all.:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anything negative you have read - forget.
You will love it - still makes me smile when I get in her even after 7 months.
There are lots of add ons you can buy from the Italian shop on eBay to make yours different from the others.
I highly recommend getting the proper mudflaps as not only do they look good, easy to fit but really do keep the old girl much cleaner.

Good luck and safe driving

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything negative you have read - forget.
You will love it - still makes me smile when I get in her even after 7 months.
There are lots of add ons you can buy from the Italian shop on eBay to make yours different from the others.
I highly recommend getting the proper mudflaps as not only do they look good, easy to fit but really do keep the old girl much cleaner.

Good luck and safe driving
Thanks for this. I know I made a sound choice when I decided on being a Renegade.
Is the 6 speaker audio good enough? I like to feel my sound while driving, not necessarily loud but a feel of all the component beats in the sound. I currently own a 2007 Cadiilac cts with the bose system and the sound is really good.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome Edward. 6 speaker system isn't that good but can be improved dramatically by replacing the dash speakers and the front door speakers. See the gatorade tutorial in the sticky section of electronics/audio section plus some other audio posts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Edward. 6 speaker system isn't that good but can be improved dramatically by replacing the dash speakers and the front door speakers. See the gatorade tutorial in the sticky section of electronics/audio section plus some other audio posts.

Thanks for the suggestion RedX. I read the tutorial and may consider that if the audio is not up to my expectation. However, I also read that there isnt much difference between the 6 speaker option and the upgrade. Dont have long to wait again to see for myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wait and see....

I have the 6 speaker system and find no issues with the sound quality.

I was so apprehensive about buying a new vehicle, and a Jeep to boot (despite wanting one since I was about 6!) but have not looked back. Very enjoyable experience, despite the 'foibles' with the UConnect system...

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Greetings from Aberdare. Welcome to the world of the Jeep Renegade

:ReneBlueWave:

One more sleep and a Renegade will be yours. I was like a rugrat waiting for Christmas when I had mine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
likewise..hope your pick up goes OK tomorrow. Am sure you will be happy.... I've had 3 Grand Cherokees and downsized to the Renegade but have absolutely no regrets. Great small SUV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys. I am a proud member of the renegade family now. The car was delivered a day early. The delivery called me on Thursday and that he was doing deliveries in the Essex area and can deliver mine if don't mind. Of course, I didn't mind.

I am loving it so far. Already clocked a hundred on the gauge. The car is much better when you got the keys. I am also not too disappointed with the 6 speaker but it could be better. But all in all, it's a great car and fun to drive. I got the 1.6 2WD Limited model.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks Guys. I am a proud member of the renegade family now. The car was delivered a day early. The delivery called me on Thursday and that he was doing deliveries in the Essex area and can deliver mine if don't mind. Of course, I didn't mind.

I am loving it so far. Already clocked a hundred on the gauge. The car is much better when you got the keys. I am also not too disappointed with the 6 speaker but it could be better. But all in all, it's a great car and fun to drive. I got the 1.6 2WD Limited model.
Awesome! It's amazing how this vehicle is such a happy machine, it really is fun to drive and has great personality! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I'll agree with that! Not many vehicles have made an impression on me like the Renegade has. I just love it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
We love ours , only thing I don't like is the crappy running light bulbs but I'm going to sort that , everything else is fab
Drives well, performs well, and looks great we got a black 1.4 longitude best car I've ever had .
⚫IIIIIII⚫

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the 6 speaker system and found it "unsatisfying" for music listening. However, as pointed out, you can significantly improve it for 100 bucks and about an hour of labor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am considering changing the dash speakers as suggested somewhere in this forum. The speakers sounds muffled and the bass line and midrange is not topnotch. That said, the Ren is a beauty to drive, love it to bits. Can't see myself getting bored with it, I am always looking forward to get in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.