Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 62000 miles on my 2015 Latitude. The vibration while in idle is getting annoying so I ordered the passenger side mount and will be installing in the next day or so. I may have missed it somewhere but does anyone know the torque specs on the frame and motor side? The new design looks more stout so will be interesting to see the overall condition of the stock one once it's out.

Update:

Just completed this little project today. Not a terribly difficult job. I think the hardest thing about this was getting the air box out and taking the plastic skid plate off. Once these were done, I placed a jack with a block of wood under the flat section of the oil pan. There aren't many options for placement but this one worked. I only jacked it up enough so that there was a slight upward movement of the engine.

The six bolts came out easily as did the mount. Putting the new one in was not that difficult either. Anyone doing this will notice that once the bolts are out, you'll need to pump the jack a bit to raise the engine block so the new one fits in and lines up. It does take up more space so this step is critical in my mind.
IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

IMG_5415[1].JPG

IMG_5416[1].JPG

IMG_5417[1].JPG

I called the dealership and found out the torque specs are 83 foot lbs on all six bolts.

Everything back together, I examined the mount. I tried to upload a little video clip but the file is too big but I included a few pics to illustrate how much movement there is. There was absolutely no support in this. It just flops around in every direction effortlessly. Honestly I've never seen anything this bad before. I only did the passenger side but it is so much smoother now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't recall if the driver side mount was redesigned or not but my gut says I'll be replacing the two on the driver side as well. As subtle as it was, I could feel more vibration on the passenger side so I started there. I can say this has made a huge difference. I'd go so far as to say the Jeep is smoother than it was when I purchased it. Cornering feels better too and didn't realize the counter rotation of the engine I was probably feeling with the old mount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any chance you would have a part number for the new mount? I need to go through this with my wife's car soon before I throw the whole car away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts