Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Great find! Thanks for posting. No need for a translation. I'm planning on getting a Trailhawk when it arrives. So far it appears the best of all the CUVs, but if it's priced too high I'd also consider the Subaru Crosstrek or the Fiat 500X. I think Honda is coming out with a small version of the CRX as well. After watching this video, a Christmas wish would be for Fiat to come up with a European Delivery Program for this Jeep. That would be fantastic although improbable. :D

· Registered
61 Posts
Great find! Thanks for posting. No need for a translation. I'm planning on getting a Trailhawk when it arrives. So far it appears the best of all the CUVs, but if it's priced too high I'd also consider the Subaru Crosstrek or the Fiat 500X. I think Honda is coming out with a small version of the CRX as well. After watching this video, a Christmas wish would be for Fiat to come up with a European Delivery Program for this Jeep. That would be fantastic although improbable. :D
I think the upcoming Mazda CX-3 will be a good one to look out for which when compared to the Renegade, it could come close or closer than the rest of it's competition.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok! So as promised:

They tests two models:

1. 1.4 Multiair Limited 140cv FWD
2. 2.0 Turbodiesel Longitude AWD Manual transmission

1. The girl tested the FWD version in the city and just on paved road. Mechanically this version in simplest and lighter with a good power that permit to drive brightly even uphill. This is a FWD version but with the right tires and whit its height from the ground it ensure a good agility even on snow with simple and safe drive qualities. The manual gear is accurate but the shift is too low and the clutch is quite light. In parking operation she appreciate the very light steering, sensors and the big windows. She likes also the high drive position that allow to know well the encumbrance of the body. A flaw is that the rear camera gets dirty when it rain and become almost unusable. On this version there is the GPS with many functions and the DAB radio. Very comfortable is the phone interface and the SMS reading function.

2. The man tested the AWD on a “muletrack” from the valley bottom to the top of a ski cableway. He define the climbing skills as “astonishing” specially thinking that this version is not the TH. As for the engine he says it’s mushy whit a lot of torque also at low rpm whit the possibility to use high gear also on light uphill and on acceleration at low speed. Then he speaks about the possibility to lock the electronic friction to pull the power symmetrically to the wheels and about the high attack angles and the high ground height. The renegade is the ideal partner for the mountain trips with a little roll on mixed track but always safe. About the fuel economy, they registered an average not too positive on highway (because of the low aerodynamics and the weight of 4x4) but still acceptable (12 km/l). But on suburban roads and in the city the consumptions improves to over 16 km/l. The acceleration is brilliant (0-100 in less than 10 sec). The only flaw, except for the price, is that the LONGITUDE hasn’t the GPS (reserved to LIMITED and TH).

Sorry for any grammar error!

· Registered
64 Posts
I think the upcoming Mazda CX-3 will be a good one to look out for which when compared to the Renegade, it could come close or closer than the rest of it's competition.
never would have considered a Mazda SUV before but after seeing it's debut recently, it's an SUV i'm also going to be looking at, it's hard not to love how it looks:

· Premium Member
321 Posts
never would have considered a Mazda SUV before but after seeing it's debut recently, it's an SUV i'm also going to be looking at, it's hard not to love how it looks:

It definitely is a very nice looking vehicle, with the efficiency and amenities I am looking for. However, I would not take it on anything more challenging than a dirt road, which is why the Renegade is still at the top of my list.

Man that is a good looking vehicle though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.