Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have looked over all of the problems everyone has been having with a comb. I am very easy to please and I want to report that I am having most of the same issues with my new TH. Transmission seems to fish a lot for a gear and jerks when putting in reverse. The rearend howls at 30 and the radio glitches something bad and this is with just 900 miles. I love my little Betsy but I guess she gonna have to spend time at the ol dealer!

Anyone looking to buy one just do so with an open mind.

·
Registered
302 Posts
2015 or 2016? Also, have you run the VIN to see if there are any updates for it? <https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/session/L2F2LzMvdGltZS8xNDQ2OTIyMTA4L3NpZC9zUU5NNVdBbQ%3D%3D>

·
Registered
302 Posts
Syzygy,
I'm not sure how to take the "tech guru" comment. Are you implying because I am in my sixth decade that I should be unable to use modern technology? I'll have you know that I've been an advanced class amateur radio operator for 50 years (used to build my own comm gear) and for the last nine years of my 34 year science teaching career I was the part-time school technology director. Not bad for a guy who never touched a computer until he was 38 years old :)

I know that Jeep designed the Renegade for Millennials but some of us old farts can appreciate it's features as well. One of the byproducts of waiting these many months for my Renegade to arrive is that I've had a lot of time on my hands which I've spent (or mispent) researching the wee beastie. Along the way I've picked up a few tidbits which I am glad to share :) I guess I lurk on this forum because I am unable to go out and actually drive my Renegade :-(
Lest you think I am upset about your comment I am to use the slang phrase, "Yanking your chain."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.