Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. new member and owner from Northamptonshire UK

I took delivery of my new 1.6 Mjet 120HP Longitude in White with black trim today.. so far very pleased.. only done a few miles but will be going on a longer journey tomorrow..

I'm hoping to get a tow bar fitted soon as I tow a small trailer and a two birth caravan..

Great forum ... been looking for months so I decided to join and will post my experiences with my lovely new Jeep .. :ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, welcome.

I've had mine for 2.5 months & really enjoyed it. In that time managed just over 4,000 and 46mpg which I am very impressed by. Longitude, 2.0l Diesel, 4WD.

I had a Westfalia detachable tow bar fitted, it worked out cheaper than the dealer quoted for one to be fitted. I could have waited to have a factory fitted one, but I would have to have waited for quite a while & this one was in stock so I got it in less than 2 weeks.

Have fun.

Richard

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, welcome.

I've had mine for 2.5 months & really enjoyed it. In that time managed just over 4,000 and 46mpg which I am very impressed by. Longitude, 2.0l Diesel, 4WD.

I had a Westfalia detachable tow bar fitted, it worked out cheaper than the dealer quoted for one to be fitted. I could have waited to have a factory fitted one, but I would have to have waited for quite a while & this one was in stock so I got it in less than 2 weeks.

Have fun.

Richard
Hi Richard,

I've been quoted a few £'s short of £500 fitted with 13pin UK wiring .. only problem is I've had this removable bar before http://www.bosal.com/AUTOMOTIVEPRODUCTS/Aftermarket/Towbars/Detachable/tabid/291/Default.aspx and had a problem with it .. haven't been quoted for a Westfalia but looking at YouTube it looks very good ..
What do you tow and ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Richard,

I've been quoted a few £'s short of £500 fitted with 13pin UK wiring .. only problem is I've had this removable bar before http://www.bosal.com/AUTOMOTIVEPRODUCTS/Aftermarket/Towbars/Detachable/tabid/291/Default.aspx and had a problem with it .. haven't been quoted for a Westfalia but looking at YouTube it looks very good ..
What do you tow and ?
I tow a 4x3 trailer & use a MaxxRaxx 4 cycle carrier.

The tow bar cost £450 fitted with 7 pin wiring.

I can take some pics tomorrow if you would like.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tow a 4x3 trailer & use a MaxxRaxx 4 cycle carrier.

The tow bar cost £450 fitted with 7 pin wiring.

I can take some pics tomorrow if you would like.
Yes picture would be great thanks..

Back in the 80's I fitted a few tow bars myself (worked for Fiat) but in those days it was easy ..no bumper removal needed and the electrics were simple .. :) and most bars were bog standard Witter

Witter don't list a bar for the Jeep Renegade yet in the UK ... though it's the same bar for the Fiat 500X that's very poor.. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all.. new member and owner from Northamptonshire UK

I took delivery of my new 1.6 Mjet 120HP Longitude in White with black trim today.. so far very pleased.. only done a few miles but will be going on a longer journey tomorrow..

I'm hoping to get a tow bar fitted soon as I tow a small trailer and a two birth caravan..

Great forum ... been looking for months so I decided to join and will post my experiences with my lovely new Jeep .. :ReneBlueWave:

Congrats on the new Renegade!

Welcome to the forum. It is an excellent forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes picture would be great thanks..

Back in the 80's I fitted a few tow bars myself (worked for Fiat) but in those days it was easy ..no bumper removal needed and the electrics were simple .. :) and most bars were bog standard Witter

Witter don't list a bar for the Jeep Renegade yet in the UK ... though it's the same bar for the Fiat 500X that's very poor.. :(
Here are are a few photos of the Westfalia Tow bar, both on & off the car.

It is really easy to fit & remove. Very pleased with it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are are a few photos of the Westfalia Tow bar, both on & off the car.

It is really easy to fit & remove. Very pleased with it so far.
Thanks .. looks good .. isn't there a blanking plate to cover the bumper cut out when the tow-bar is off ? .. I've seen one that's got the plate secured with plastic screw clips .. if not I'll have a go at making one .. I have access to a good vacuum former and 3d plastic printer :)

Can you tell me how far off the ground the tow-ball is ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks .. looks good .. isn't there a blanking plate to cover the bumper cut out when the tow-bar is off ? .. I've seen one that's got the plate secured with plastic screw clips .. if not I'll have a go at making one .. I have access to a good vacuum former and 3d plastic printer :)

Can you tell me how far off the ground the tow-ball is ?
There is no plastic cover, but you can't really tell there is a hole cut in the bumper.

I will measure tomorrow for you & report back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi

Here is a photo of the tow bar with tape measure. It is about 18.5 inches to the top of the ball.
Thanks .. Richard .. same as my old car so they'll be no problem..

You should be able to buy the blanking plate from any Jeep dealer..

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.