Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just picked up our new Sierra Blue 4X4 Latitude 2 hours ago. I haven't driven it yet due to a banged up knee, currently wearing a knee immobilizer brace. :mad: I have driven one though and really liked it. We are both retired and the Renegade will get a lot of use when we go fishing and do lots of photograpy. We hope to be able to photograph places we normally would not think of going in a regular car. I can't wait to drive our new Renegade.

I have been lurking on this site for a while but now I have an incentive to participate.

Hopefully I will be able to take and post some photographs of our new Renegade tomorrow and maybe even drive it. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
enjoy that's what great about the renegade its size is perfect for city or country unlike big suv's and its also the most capable in its in class while being highly functional people I meet everyday as a realtor say what a beautiful little truck it is lol never thought of a jeep as beautiful but yeh lol

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got to drive the Renegade today but no pictures. Tried out the 4 wheel drive and everything worked great. Nothing rough but we did manage to find a road at a local beach with some relatively deep, soft sand. Went thru like a champ. I like it!!! ��

Thanks to all for the welcome. I am looking forward to participating in the forum.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear! Going to a wedding in Outer Banks, NC, next month. Location is at a rental home in the 4WD area on the beach, six miles from the paved road.
Yeah it was great getting to drive the Renegade.

We went fishing at the Outer Banks area a long time ago and had a great time. At the time we had a Toyota 4X4 pickup. It went pretty good on the beach although we had to air down most of the time. Some areas had pretty deep, soft stuff. If you plan on driving the beaches there are things you should have with you like a shovel (I use a folding army shovel I got at a military surplus store), a jack with a 12"X12" piece of 3/4" plywood to use as a base, tire gauge and a tow rope. Some places recommend this stuff but here in RI if you want to drive the beach it is mandatory (of couse there is a permit fee here). Driving the beaches is fun and it allows me to fish areas that you normally can't get to. i plan on setting up the Renegade for beach fishing but not until next year's fishing season.

Enjoy the wedding and the Renegade, it should be fun.

Check out this link.

http://www.outerbanks.com/driving-on-the-beach.html

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah it was great getting to drive the Renegade.

We went fishing at the Outer Banks area a long time ago and had a great time. At the time we had a Toyota 4X4 pickup. It went pretty good on the beach although we had to air down most of the time. Some areas had pretty deep, soft stuff. If you plan on driving the beaches there are things you should have with you like a shovel (I use a folding army shovel I got at a military surplus store), a jack with a 12"X12" piece of 3/4" plywood to use as a base, tire gauge and a tow rope. Some places recommend this stuff but here in RI if you want to drive the beach it is mandatory (of couse there is a permit fee here). Driving the beaches is fun and it allows me to fish areas that you normally can't get to. i plan on setting up the Renegade for beach fishing but not until next year's fishing season.

Enjoy the wedding and the Renegade, it should be fun.

Check out this link.

http://www.outerbanks.com/driving-on-the-beach.html

This is great info. Thanks a lot.

The plan right now is simply to get to and from the rental house. We'll see if I decide to be a little more daring once I'm there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on getting a Renegade and in a color that isn't as common as some of the others which i think is a good thing, too many orange Renegades out there!

You might be one of the only in blue for a while :D

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for the welcome.

Yesterday when we returned to our car there were 2 couples checking out the Renegade, they really liked the color and were surprised it was a Jeep. I haven't seen a blue Renegade on the road yet, just at dealerships.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.