Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 15 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 for commuting 100 miles per day. Coming from a previous vehicle of a H2, I am EXTREMELY impressed with this smaller Jeep. I have 800 miles on it now and currently getting around 34 mpg on my drive and I have no parking troubles in busy lots! I enjoy looking at everyones photos and reading their posts.

I purchased the manual 1.4 in black with black interior. I have a couple of questions regarding if the vehicle should stall which I have done on purpose it is almost scary as you have to turn the key backwards and start again to go. I have been to Italy before and drove a Fiat that had 1.4 and you just pressed the clutch in for restart. Am I missing something?

For now I am very impressed with the vehicle, but most of all the dealership I purchased from I have been dealing with for better than 15 years and many new car purchases and feel they can make or break a great new car experience.

Dirk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 15 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 for commuting 100 miles per day. Coming from a previous vehicle of a H2, I am EXTREMELY impressed with this smaller Jeep. I have 800 miles on it now and currently getting around 34 mpg on my drive and I have no parking troubles in busy lots! I enjoy looking at everyones photos and reading their posts.

I purchased the manual 1.4 in black with black interior. I have a couple of questions regarding if the vehicle should stall which I have done on purpose it is almost scary as you have to turn the key backwards and start again to go. I have been to Italy before and drove a Fiat that had 1.4 and you just pressed the clutch in for restart. Am I missing something?

For now I am very impressed with the vehicle, but most of all the dealership I purchased from I have been dealing with for better than 15 years and many new car purchases and feel they can make or break a great new car experience.

Dirk

Congrats on the new Renegade. They are great vehicles!

welcome to forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,902 Posts
This is new members intro section. Post your question in the Tech section for all the answers you need. But for now:
and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Dirk,

Congrats on the new Jeep. Yes it's a bit odd that you have to actually turn the key back and forward again to reignite -- I don't like that either. Every car I've ever owned less one has been a manual which has ranged from General Motors to Honda and Mazda. With all of those, I only ever needed to turn the key forward, not back and forward. As far as simply pressing in the clutch, I'm not sure if that's a Euro Fiat thing, maybe complying with some Italian or EU reg, I don't know. But I do know I've never had a vehicle that has done that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new Renegade owner myself. I already have 4000 miles on it, but that's due to 85 miles a day commuting and a couple of weekend trips. I love it. It's the Trailhawk edition. I just joined the forum tonight and look forward to reading up on all the post and useful information provided by all the awesome Jeep owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.