Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded from a 65 plate 2.0 4WD Diesel, to an, errrr, 19 plate 2.0 4WD Diesel!

The new model now has UConnect Live - which my 65 plate didn't - so trying to get to grips with the 'nuances' of the system...so after a bit of help if possible.

The 'live' connection seems a bit hit and miss, although admittedly I am living I deepest darkest Dorset. Any tips on how to connect or best way of 'booting up' will be appreciated. Additionally in the smartphone App there is a bit labelled my:car - which resolutely shows no info but happily displays that 'my:Car information will be available on your next trip' - though how I get to see that info I have no idea...

Additionally this beast now has Adblue. Does anyone have any experience of this on a Rennie, and how many miles a tank will last? I have been told 15000 miles, which would ideally mean I wouldn't have to top it up at all as it would be dealt with during annual servicing - but obviously real life experiences almost always differ.

Thanks for any help and advice in advance..

·
Registered
9 Posts
re: Uconnect

Presumably you've registered a uconnect account ok?

Are you successfully connecting the app to the car? I.e logging into the app ok and it then locking the screen?

There's a thread here - hopefully you've not got the used account issue as it's a new car?

https://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/474-united-kingdom/99935-uconnect-live-account-used-car.html

At the end of that thread is images of the "uconnect Live" button that should appear when an internet* connection between your phone and the car is established (likely to look different on your modern head unit I suspect!). *Internet as opposed to just a Bluetooth connection which is the first step of the connection process and is part of the pairing process to get your phone service connected with the car - does this part work for you?

If you've got the internet connection to car ok so you can see the "live services" button, then I take it your problem is the car 'eco' data is not transferring to your account? You need to wait a moment in the car once you've turned the ignition off for the data to transfer - if you watch the head unit it should say "transferring data - transfer complete" etc? Is this happening?

On the app you also see a "eco:drive" section under the "my:Car" where the transferred eco data is accessed?

Sorry, lots of questions! But at which stage does it start to go wrong for you?

·
Super Moderator
1,426 Posts
Yup. they are terming it "SCR".

Ah well won't be getting one of those.
The Tonale is looking even more tasty now.
(Given there are no petrol 4WD Renegades available in the EU or UK.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I kinda wondered if they'd go down the SCR route. Hopefully it's user fillable rather than a dealer service only option.

This engine is a bit of a polluter when it comes to nox so I guess they had to do something ... I wonder if it's a prelude to releasing the unit in the states?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
I wonder if it's a prelude to releasing the unit in the states?
I doubt it, or at least it probably won't be connected. EU emissions laws tighten pretty much every year, so they are probably just trying to keep it sellable here.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I doubt it, or at least it probably won't be connected. EU emissions laws tighten pretty much every year, so they are probably just trying to keep it sellable here.
True, and it likely makes the engine an A rated one. Well probably ... the only figures I can find are for the 1.6 multijet but it has shown an improvement from G to A by using adblue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I kinda wondered if they'd go down the SCR route. Hopefully it's user fillable rather than a dealer service only option.

This engine is a bit of a polluter when it comes to nox so I guess they had to do something ... I wonder if it's a prelude to releasing the unit in the states?

As it seems no one has answered the Ad-blu question - my 2019 Trailhawk has Ad-blu on the UK /EU spec model and yes it is user fillable - you get from what I can tell around 3000 miles out of it before you have to top it up. There is no indicator to tell you how full / low it is but mine took around 8L to fill it ( apparently I was suppose to put about 5L in but with no way to tell how much is in I just filled it up ooops )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts