Jeep Renegade Forum banner

New shopper jitters

6K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  humarock 
I've had (3) favorite cars, all Jeeps. I'm 51. My Renegade is my first "new" car ever. LOVED my Jeep Liberty (it was a stickshift) before this, and was lured to this by it's look, mileage, and availability of stick. I enjoy the Liberty's manual transmission, and was the ONLY Liberty with manual my local dealership had ever seen....took care of the old Liberty, and even sold it to a friend who ASKED to buy it...so, if care of a NEW vehicle pays off in the long run, I'll enjoy this AND have no problem selling when the time is right.

It's a fun vehicle, the fuel consumption is excellent for me, it's an all around nice replacement for me for the Liberty. MY only issues are with the Uconnect dashboard radio, which has not only it's tiny quirks but also has an issue with many AM radio broadcasters. We're working to stay on "the radar" with that, but have been less than politely told we're not a concern to Uconnect.

Car: Love it.
Radio: (controls much of the car's options)...Good with controlling options, bad for some broadcasters and features.

Would still buy again, looking forward to aftermarket add-ons for it, and have not had ANY of the major issues other posters here have reported thus far, still under a thousand miles, much of it weekend highway driving.

On the good side: you'll have the warranty, and the RIGHT to report quirks to your dealer and to others, here.
On the bad side, it IS for us, as I understand it the first production year, coming to USA....but so far, so good for this owner without major worries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.