Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PROJECT IRON PANTY: New skid plates prototype

A set of skid plates, includes engine/transmission skid plate, driveshaft skid plate and rear differential skid plate. All made by a Chinese Renegade owner. Still prototype, but coming soon.

I have received an early prototype of that driveshaft skid plate from that guy, and the photo shows the later version. It's much thicker and stronger than the factory skid plate.

We call it IRON PANTY

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice.

Jeep has used a skid similar to the front example you've posted on some of its concept vehicles (example: Hard Steel variant).

I don't know why that hasn't shown up as a new option to purchase separately from mopar.

I think Sgt_Strife's custom replacement for the center mounted skid is perhaps better suited to the task by design.
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/498-aftermarket-add-ons/19033-skid-plates-6.html

Hi. Its available at italian G-force to buy.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice.

Jeep has used a skid similar to the front example you've posted on some of its concept vehicles (example: Hard Steel variant).

I don't know why that hasn't shown up as a new option to purchase separately from mopar.

I think Sgt_Strife's custom replacement for the center mounted skid is perhaps better suited to the task by design.
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/498-aftermarket-add-ons/19033-skid-plates-6.html
I like his design, definitely more protective.

Reactions: Trailmux

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about a gas tank skid for the non TH?
All the 4x4 Renegades in China has steel gas tank skid plates as standard equipment, the same skid as Trailhawk has.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi. Its available at italian G-force to buy.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
The G-force one has larger area protected, and uses magnesium-aluminum alloy, but might be a little pricey...

The Chinese made skid has two material option, steel and stainless steel, both 4mm thick.

The designer says he's considering about making a titanium alloy version for better lightweight choice. Would be very pricey I think.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice! Been meaning to get to the rear diff skid but I've got too many ideas on the table and some great ones in the works, Haha.

Looks good though!

TBH, the 4mm is a turnoff :/ Too thin for my liking.

Design is on point though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nice! Been meaning to get to the rear diff skid but I've got too many ideas on the table and some great ones in the works, Haha.

Looks good though!

TBH, the 4mm is a turnoff :/ Too thin for my liking.

Design is on point though.
The factory skid plate is about 4mm. Thicker means heavier. Since Chinese Renegade has only 2.0L engine, the weight might be a big issue to affect power output...

The designer had asked the factory about other lightweight material like titanium alloy and something else, but the price will be much higher.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A set of skid plates, includes engine/transmission skid plate, driveshaft skid plate and rear differential skid plate. All made by a Chinese Renegade owner. Still prototype, but coming soon.

I have received an early prototype of that driveshaft skid plate from that guy, and the photo shows the later version. It's much thicker and stronger than the factory skid plate.

We call it IRON PANTY
I am interested in drive shaft and rear differential skid plates. Any news about availability?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am interested in drive shaft and rear differential skid plates. Any news about availability?
Testers have reported some minor problems, the manufacturer is working on 2nd gen skid plates. Still need some time.

Reactions: captadv

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Tony,

Any information on the rear diff skid plate? I really want some protection there!

You would probably sell a BUNCH!

Happy Trails!

: )B

1 - 18 of 18 Posts