Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is your amp? Do the speakers over power them? If your lights are flickering I would say there is an issue were the amp/speakers are drawing too much power from the battery. It could possible be it is not grounded correctly. Did you do the install yourself?
Yes I did the install myself the amp and subs are matched for power with 3 40amp fuses in the amplifier the amp itself is rated at 1000Watts RMS, the ground for the amplifier is through a double layer floor seam that had a wire wheel scratch the painted surface to get bare metal. I also upgraded the body ground from the battery under the hood factory was only 12GA if that it is now 4GA. The lights don't start flickering until I use the remote gain control on the amp. There are a couple of pictures to look at on my public profile to see what the amp and subs are along with the box etc. I will get around to taking newer pictures to show the battery that is back there now sooner or later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this might have been answered but I did not see it, has anyone who bought the hideaways tried to run it through the side compartments in the trunk. was curious if it can be done or if everyone had the concern im having, will it not be able to "breathe" in the compartment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
this might have been answered but I did not see it, has anyone who bought the hideaways tried to run it through the side compartments in the trunk. was curious if it can be done or if everyone had the concern im having, will it not be able to "breathe" in the compartment.
I don't see any way to fit and/or mount the hideaway behind the utility access panels.
There's just not enough space. I do source the accessory wire from there however.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If you've wired up a system before, it's not that bad. I did exactly as he described and the physically hardest part was punching through the firewall using the high grommet (there's a lower firewall grommet that has easier access).

Once you get the wire color references to tap off and find your ground location it's not bad at all. The wires that the hideaway sub come with are a bit short so you may have to get creative, as I did.

It sounds great. I upgraded dash and door speakers also. I feel like 12s would be way too much for me. Sometimes this one gets overpowering.
Nice! I am glad it sounds great as I have heard good things about that Hideaway. Looks clean, too, and I am also digging that cargo mat!

·
Registered
11 Posts
How is your amp? Do the speakers over power them? If your lights are flickering I would say there is an issue were the amp/speakers are drawing too much power from the battery. It could possible be it is not grounded correctly. Did you do the install yourself?
In my case the dealership replaced the radio and did a software update

21 - 26 of 26 Posts