Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find a bull bar for the Renegade that my wife and I both like and yesterday I stumbled on these 2 bars from Vendetta. They come in silver and black. I'm not looking to mount a winch. Only to prevent parking damage here in NYC. I like the look and they are only $299 each. I will call them later today to find out shipping costs. Way less expensive then the bars from misutonida that Mad sells. Just passing on what I think is a nice product at a decent price. Looks like it's for non TH models. Oh the front seems to have a mount for a light bar as well. Enjoy

Here is the company's website.
http://www.vendettamotorsports.com/store/p48/Jeep_Renegade_rear_bumper.html

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hmmm i like these. Not good for winch or tow points but that front bar looks good for a light bar or two. And like you said city parking this would help with the idiots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested to hear too. So many middling or unimpressed reviews of Daystar one, and I like the idea of matched front & rear.

Just got my Renegade back from a $1,900 bodywork repair from being hit while parked. Would love to get the protection as well as ability to mount a light bar.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just an FYI on these, I emailed to double check as the website doesn't show black available and received an interesting answer from them. They DO have black available, but they told me that the bar ONLY fits 2015 models, that something is different between 2015 and 2016s and that this bar won't fit 2015? The email didn't elaborate and I didn't ask. If anyone with a 2016 has ordered and installed it, please post here, or if you know WHY it wouldn't fit a '16 vs. a '15, I'd be interested to know.

·
Super Moderator
3,641 Posts
Going to assume a production change to meet US offset crash test ratings.
I believe the explanation for why is in one of the daystar bull bar threads. The 2016s have some sort of spacer on one side that is not on the 2015s, and if the brakets can't accommodate it, it no workie.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've looked the forum over some but I don't see anything on winch bumpers and winches. Has anyone fitted these yet? I've seen the daystar winch bumper for $499 but I'm not in love with it much... it seems plain and just blah

·
Registered
829 Posts
I believe the explanation for why is in one of the daystar bull bar threads. The 2016s have some sort of spacer on one side that is not on the 2015s, and if the brakets can't accommodate it, it no workie.
The 16s have some stupid crash piece below the foglamp on the non-TH models. Watch mine not have that stupid piece after I get it back. The TH has towhooks, which absorb impact in the same location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone know if these are still available somewhere? The link in the original post is no longer working and I can't find anything on their website.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.