Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here, I have a question that I was hoping to get some help and potential resources to find where to go.

I drive a 2017 Renegade Limited.

I plan on getting a small lift (either the 1.5 or the 2" that I have seen online).

But prior to that I plan on getting new tires and rims, and this is what I was hoping to get some help with. Currently I have the standard tire and rim that comes on the Limited tires 225/55/R18/98H.

I want to get a set of Black Rims and a set of A/T Tires I live in a place where there is snow 6 months of the year. I also do a fair amount of highway driving. The tires need to be able to handle snow, off-roading, and do good on the highways (tough combination I'm sure).

I am having a difficult time finding a black rim that fits my jeep that will also fit a good A/T tire. Something like a BFG KO2 for example.

I was hoping someone could provide me with an example of a set of black rims, that will fit my jeep, that will also fit a good all terrain tire such as a BFG KO2 (if you have other A/T recommendations that will fit my needs I am all ears as well). I am fine if the vehicle sits a little higher as well.
Also I am all ears if it would be better to get the lift prior to the rims and tires, I could go either way.

Also if I do get new tires/rims do I need new TPS? Or can I use the current ones and I would assume I need to program the computer as the tire pressure may not be the same as stock tires?

Thank you very much for the help.
Have a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
3,168 Posts

and enjoy the forum!
Search is your friend!
All the info you need is in Wheels, Tires & Brakes!!!!!
Wheels, Tires, Brakes

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Hello, I am new here, I have a question that I was hoping to get some help and potential resources to find where to go.

I drive a 2017 Renegade Limited.

I plan on getting a small lift (either the 1.5 or the 2" that I have seen online).

But prior to that I plan on getting new tires and rims, and this is what I was hoping to get some help with. Currently I have the standard tire and rim that comes on the Limited tires 225/55/R18/98H.

I want to get a set of Black Rims and a set of A/T Tires I live in a place where there is snow 6 months of the year. I also do a fair amount of highway driving. The tires need to be able to handle snow, off-roading, and do good on the highways (tough combination I'm sure).

I am having a difficult time finding a black rim that fits my jeep that will also fit a good A/T tire. Something like a BFG KO2 for example.

I was hoping someone could provide me with an example of a set of black rims, that will fit my jeep, that will also fit a good all terrain tire such as a BFG KO2 (if you have other A/T recommendations that will fit my needs I am all ears as well). I am fine if the vehicle sits a little higher as well.
Also I am all ears if it would be better to get the lift prior to the rims and tires, I could go either way.

Also if I do get new tires/rims do I need new TPS? Or can I use the current ones and I would assume I need to program the computer as the tire pressure may not be the same as stock tires?

Thank you very much for the help.
Have a nice day.
W E L C O M ! ! ! to the forum.

Any picture of your ride?

You will find a lot of information here.

I went with the Method Race Wheels; MR701 (Black), 17X7.5, 5X110, 30mm offset and BFGoodrich’s All-Terrain T/A KO2 @ 245/65R17 tires.

If you were to go with the BFGoodrich’s KO2, 225/65R17 on the size rim specifications listed above, wheel spacers will NOT be required, and no rubbing.

Your current tires are a 27.7 inch tire, the 225/65R17 are a 28.5 inch tire. A little taller, more side wall and a wider stance with that size rim and offset.

attached are a couple pics of the rims (don't compare with the fitment of the tires. I am using staggered wheel spacers and wider tires, with a lift).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very much for the information. That is very helpful.
Mine is a black 2017 limited looks fully stock at present.
Does Mounting your spare tire on the back make it not able for you to use your trunk?

·
Registered
653 Posts
IDMOR has more cost attached to that Jeep in Mods than the cost of the original Jeep.

I'm so jealous :p:p:p :love::love::love:

OMG I just noticed those brilliant white LED tailgate lights. Give us a tutorial on fitting them please (y)(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
That is nice. Is the tire rack solid, any rattles?
No rattles. The bumper is the AVID RADIUS Expedition Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. The swing arm has a wedge block that fits into a receiver that keeps everything tight, and it is adjustable if it loosens up over time.

IDMOR has more cost attached to that Jeep in Mods than the cost of the original Jeep.

I'm so jealous :p:p:p :love::love::love:

OMG I just noticed those brilliant white LED tailgate lights. Give us a tutorial on fitting them please (y)(y)(y)
Not quite $$ lol.

Tailgate lights write up <here>: :giggle:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
W E L C O M ! ! ! to the forum.

Any picture of your ride?

You will find a lot of information here.

I went with the Method Race Wheels; MR701 (Black), 17X7.5, 5X110, 30mm offset and BFGoodrich’s All-Terrain T/A KO2 @ 245/65R17 tires.

If you were to go with the BFGoodrich’s KO2, 225/65R17 on the size rim specifications listed above, wheel spacers will NOT be required, and no rubbing.

Your current tires are a 27.7 inch tire, the 225/65R17 are a 28.5 inch tire. A little taller, more side wall and a wider stance with that size rim and offset.

attached are a couple pics of the rims (don't compare with the fitment of the tires. I am using staggered wheel spacers and wider tires, with a lift).

View attachment 2396348351
View attachment 2396348352
Futher to this would it be reomneded for me to get the tires and rims first and then the lift or the other way around?

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts