Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
There are lots of posts on here about tires and wheels and its hard to search through. I am proposing a stickied thread where if you have put on after market tires and/or rims that you post a picture.

Just add a small blurb about the specs you went with and try to keep the thread clear of off topic posts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK BF Goodrich KO2 on stock wheels, no spacers, no issues or rubbing so far and there is 1-2 mpg loss.
That looks awesome. Those are some of my favorite tires. I looked into then but was scared to run them do to them being 11 lbs heavier per tire than the stock tires.

Has your acceleration suffered much?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another suggestion for the thread would be to post your tires normally in the forum and then link to that post. That way if someone sees tires they like they can click the link and go to the thread about your renegade.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Put my Yokohamas on today :D it def feels like a Jeep now, not so squishy with the better ATSs, and actual all terrain tire. 225/65/17

I didn't really look for a good spot to take the pic, just kinda put it there lol
Are these those the Geolanders? If so, they also have them in 215/65/17, while the BFG TAKOs come in 225/65/17.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Anyone know the biggest tire I can go with on a FWD lattitude?
There should be a sticky at the top about non TH tire sizes.

Are these those the Geolanders? If so, they also have them in 215/65/17, while the BFG TAKOs come in 225/65/17.
Yokohama does not make the ATS that small. Play around on Tirerack.com and you'll see what kind of mediocre options are available at the factory size. For an aggressive tread, there only a few ways to go that aren't a snow specific tire.

·
Registered
580 Posts
There should be a sticky at the top about non TH tire sizes.

Yokohama does not make the ATS that small. Play around on Tirerack.com and you'll see what kind of mediocre options are available at the factory size. For an aggressive tread, there only a few ways to go that aren't a snow specific tire.
Looks like Yoko Geolander in 225/65/17 to me:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A/T-S&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=265HR7GEOATS&tab=Sizes

·
Registered
580 Posts
Or would I have to go to a 225/60/17? Not sure, because I have never fiddled with tire and wheels sizes. Not my area of expertise.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Or would I have to go to a 225/60/17? Not sure, because I have never fiddled with tire and wheels sizes. Not my area of expertise.
Answering my own question: After perusing an online tire/wheels size calculator, it appears that if the OEM tire size is 215/65/17, both, 225/65/17 and 225/60/17 will fit, but 225.60/17 will affect the speedometer less (shows higher than true speed) than does 225/65/17 (shows lower than true speed).

1 - 20 of 136 Posts