Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my overly modded out 4 door Wrangler for a Glacier Trailhawk on Sunday. Quite a difference!

I'll miss the big Jeep, but I love my new loaded interior and gas mileage. I also got the power My Sky to help offset my no door, no top withdrawls.

I'll be adding Thule crossbars in a week or two, and when these tires wear out, I'll be wrapping the rims in BFG All Terrains.

So far, I'm happy with my new little Jeep. We'll see how it fares on my dirt mountain raods this winter.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Greetings from the UK. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Jeep Renegade.

Don't forget to put some piccies up when you have time. The natives on here are partial to them.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Congrats on your new Trialhawk! I know you'll love it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I loved my Green Monster Wrangler. The list of mods were almost endless. lift, 35's, 511 gears, bumpers, winch, lights, ect...but the INTERIOR was bare bones. no power windows or locks even. I had a nice upgraded stereo, but that's it.

I got it in 07 because I always wanted one, but the 2 doors never had enough space. I'm a musician and a skier and I always have a lot of gear to lug around. The four door fit the bill. I also used it off roading, playing on beaches and in the snow and pulling people out of trouble all winter on my mountain.

BUT, it was 8 years old. Had 175k miles on the motor and starting bleeding hundred dollar bills. I had gotten 3 new clutches, a new tranny, and other things were starting to add up. Plus, I drive over 100 miles a day to and from work and I was getting 13mpg.

So far on my Trailhawk, I'm averaging 30mpg to and from work. It's loaded on the inside so it has all the niceties I could ask for. The ride and handling are much better.

I LOVED my Wrangler. I will get another one. But not as long as I live 50 miles from the office. The Renny is a nice little Jeep. As long as it can get me home up the mountain in the winter, I'll be good. Until I wear the stock tires out, I'm probably going to need chains...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.