Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
as mentioned in my introduction, our Renegade a 1.6L Diesel Limited spec is currently in to have a new Turbo fitted.

The car had 102 miles on the clock when the warning message flashed up.

I have looked on line and this is not a "New" engine as it has been out for a while featuring in the Fiat Brava initially.

Has anyone else had Turbo issues with this engine or is ours unique?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.

Fiat apparently were going to supply the wrong part. Our dealer realized this and let Fiat know. Now the part is due at the dealers on Tuesday the 22nd of December 2016, and we should either get the car back on that day or Wednesday. (If there are anymore delays it will be Christmas without our new car!)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Update.

Fiat apparently were going to supply the wrong part. Our dealer realized this and let Fiat know. Now the part is due at the dealers on Tuesday the 22nd of December 2016, and we should either get the car back on that day or Wednesday. (If there are anymore delays it will be Christmas without our new car!)
Bottomer:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo update!!!!

Well would you believe it, Fiat/Jeep still sent the WRONG Turbo. New one will arrive on Wednesday the 30th of December. 20 DAYS after the car went in with a "check engine" message on the dash!

So the tally is 30ish days "late" receiving the car, had it for less than Three days and it has been in the dealers 13 days so far! Plus at least a week for the part to arrive due to Christmas.

This was supposed to be three working days for the parts and two hours to fit.....

Fiat Chrysler Jeep you have one **** of a big hole to get out of, that is just me. The wife is spitting bullets!!!! (it is her motability vehicle which is not giving her any mobility!!!). :crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps they were going to send the correct one originally but the dealer changed it to the wrong one.
That is what I was thinking!

This Avatar is NOT Me! :ReneBlueWave:

This Avatar is! :eek::(:crying:

Reactions: syzygy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slight good news, when we called to ask for a car better suited to my wife for the Christmas break. The hire company was able to lend us a Jeep Renegade, and it is the same trim level, so I have all the same toys to learn and use until we get our baby back!

Reactions: syzygy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got our baby back in time for the New Year!

The good news is we got our car back just before the dealer closed on New Years Eve! :)

21 days to change a Turbo on a brand new car is not good. (If this is the only glitch then that will lessen the annoyance).

So this Avatar is me (if the wrong colour and wrong side steering wheel ;))

:ReneBlueWave:

Let's put some miles on her!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.