Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Renegade about a week ago. I applied the 9.0.49 update a couple of days ago. I went on the uConnect site yesterday and it said that there is a new 10.00.27 update available. Has anyone applied this update to their vehicle? Anything new?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for their heads up!

Trying my VIN to see the update myself but all I get is an error code...
Aybe I should try again later!

Didnt the update have any release notes?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No release notes. I will probably do the update today. This is all it showed:

Update available

Your 2015 JEEP RENEGADE LATITUDE 4X4 SPORT UTILITY equipped with the Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT system qualifies for the following software update:
Update 1: UCONNECT®5.0 MY16 & MY15 RA2C RJ2C RG2C 10.00.27.00 BU 520

Service Bulletin ID: 08-114-15 :RRT15-115Release Date: 2015-11-17

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did the update yesterday - only took 15-20 minutes - didn't notice anything new.

From the Service Bulletin: A customer may experience one or more of the following:
• Radio display screen intermittently may go blank.
• Radio display screen may lock up.
• Back up display may not turn off.
• Loss of radio memory for skipped channels or incorrectly displaying skipped channels in the menu list.
• Charging schedule showing in the setting menu (FF BEV only).
• Korean language was not supported (APAC - Korea only).

Additional Enhancements:
• Removed the charging schedule from showing in the setting menu (FF BEV only).
• Adding Korean language support (APAC - Korea only).

Does anyone know where or what this "Charging Schedule" is? and what is the "FF BEV"?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had my Latitude for about one month. I applied the 10.00.27 update the day after purchase. I can't say what changed, but I can tell you that my UConnect is working very well.

The only setting that I question, is the option to have your doors unlock when the jeep is parked and turned off. A couple of times, all doors have unlocked, but most of the time just the drivers door unlocks.

Then again, I do have child locks on my back doors....

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did the update yesterday - only took 15-20 minutes - didn't notice anything new.

From the Service Bulletin: A customer may experience one or more of the following:
• Radio display screen intermittently may go blank.
• Radio display screen may lock up.
• Back up display may not turn off.
• Loss of radio memory for skipped channels or incorrectly displaying skipped channels in the menu list.
• Charging schedule showing in the setting menu (FF BEV only).
• Korean language was not supported (APAC - Korea only).

Additional Enhancements:
• Removed the charging schedule from showing in the setting menu (FF BEV only).
• Adding Korean language support (APAC - Korea only).

Does anyone know where or what this "Charging Schedule" is? and what is the "FF BEV"?
FF is the Fiat 500 (BU is the Renegade). I think FF BEV is the Fiat 500e, the all-electric car. The charging reference is likely when you plug it in.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just applied the update. Went smoothly. It did wipe my saved radio stations and my Bluetooth phone pairing. The upgrade to 9.0.49 did not do that. No biggie.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I just finished the update and like the others it went smooth but did clear the am/fm stations. The Sirius/XM channels remained ok. Forgot to check the Bluetooth pairing but will check later when we go out. It took about 20 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just applied the update, took the full 30 minutes to complete.

The radio & Bluetooth kept their settings, but a few minutes after the update the screen froze completely & nothing would respond, screen or buttons. So I turned off the ignition waited 30 secs turned back on & all was OK.

Let's hope this won't happen again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Update went well. Afterwards I had to power-cycle the bluetooth on my iPhone but no issues other than that.

I noticed the voice dictation for new text messages now reads the contact name as well as just announcing "New Text Message".

EDIT: Yes I have a Trailhawk.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Has anyone done this with their Trailhawk and RA2 5.0 radio? I entered my Vin and I'm getting an error on the Uconnect Site. Wondering if it's not available for the TH.
I think the problem is on their end. I just went there and entered my VIN and got the "Error with VIN#" message. Tried it with 2 different browsers. It worked for me a few days ago.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone done this with their Trailhawk and RA2 5.0 radio? I entered my Vin and I'm getting an error on the Uconnect Site. Wondering if it's not available for the TH.
I had the same issue. I called customer support, they told me it was a problem with the website and to keep trying. After a few tries it accepted my vin and let me download the update.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.