Please see attachment for more info on how to download and install radio software
Uconnect® 6.5 Software Update Instructions JULY2015
Complete all of the following steps from INSIDE your vehicle:
1. Press the “Settings” button on right hand side of the radio. Scroll down Settings screen until “System Information” button is highlighted and then press. Is your software version 15.21.37 or higher? Yes - > Your software is current. No further action required. No - > There is a software update available for your Uconnect system.
2. Download the Software Update to a USB. This step in the process is performed on a computer with internet access. The information in the pop up screens could vary by computer depending on the computer’s operating system. However, the overall process should be very similar.
Before you begin you will need: • A USB Flash Drive with a capacity of at least 4 GB • The flash drive must not contain any files (including documents, music, or pictures)
3. Plug the flash drive into the computer and make sure it is active and ready to use. Take note of the name of the USB flash drive and the drive location. Confirm that there are no files or folders on the USB Flash drive. This is done to ensure that there are no conflicting files that may interrupt the software update process.
4. Leave the USB Flash drive in the computer and proceed to next step.
5. Go to http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
and enter your vehicle identification number (VIN).
6. Follow the website download instructions to acquire the system update files for performing your Uconnect System update described in next section. Once the Web download process is complete continue to the instructions on the next page.
7. Install the Uconnect Software Update. Complete The Following Steps from INSIDE your vehicle:
Insert ignition key and turn the ignition to the RUN position, but DO NOT START the engine.
8. Please remove all devices (SD/USB/AUX) from the media hub.
9. Insert the USB flash drive that was prepared in the previous section into the vehicle USB port.
The Uconnect System will now display the current software version installed on your system and the new software that is loaded onto the USB flash drive. Please verify if the version identified on the left (your current software version ) is at 15.21.37 or higher? YES -> Your software is up to date. Press the “No” button and remove the USB flash drive. No further action is required. No -> The software update applies. Press the “Yes” button and proceed to the next step. The update image is valid and ready for installation. Do you want to update MASTER sw from 15.04.31 to 15.21.37?
10. Install the Uconnect Software Update. Complete The Following Steps From INSIDE your vehicle: After pressing “Yes” the Uconnect System screen will display the message below and then go blank for a few seconds. The update process will automatically continue after approximately 1 minute without any further input.
There will be a variety of screens displayed throughout the update process. The approximate total percentage complete will show on the bottom of the screen. When the update has successfully completed, the Uconnect System will reset and re-read the contents on the USB flash drive. This may take a couple minutes. Do not remove the USB flash drive yet. Once flash is complete the below screen will appear:
NOTE: Do not turn off the ignition, start the vehicle, or remove the USB flash drive until the process has successfully completed. The Uconnect system may become inoperative if the update is interrupted.
System Being Reset… Proper reset could take up to 35 Seconds while saving data.
The update image is valid and ready for installation. Do you want to update MASTER sw from 15.21.37 to 15.21.37?
11. Complete the Following Steps From INSIDE your vehicle: Pay close attention to the software version numbers. Are the current and new software versions the same? The same as shown as the figure below. If software version numbers are the same - Press “No” and proceed to step below. If software version numbers are different - Press “Yes” and start the process over at step 5. If you run into this problem multiple times please refer to the troubleshooting section. NOTE: If you accidently hit “Yes” on this step you have to let the update go through the entire process again before removing the USB flash drive. It is now safe to remove the USB flash drive.
12. Turn ignition OFF then Open and Close the Driver’s door. Make sure to leave ignition off, do not press the brake, and do not reopen any doors, and wait 60 seconds.
13. Repeat previous step 12. Turn ignition back ON then OFF, Open and Close the Driver’s door and wait 60 seconds.
You can now exit the vehicle, process is complete.
CONGRATULATIONS you have successfully updated your Uconnect software. Please check the website (https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do
) occasionally for any future potential updates.