Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

We picked up our Commando Trailhawk two days ago, and I can't stop smiling. After decades of plain vanilla Honda Civics, what a change to have a car with a personality! I have only seen two other Renegades on the road. Pretty cool to have such a unique vehicle, and it really is peerless--no other little crossover compares to this buggy. It looks great: rugged and sporty yet charming and a bit retro. It's not easy to get that combination of characteristics right, but bingo, it's exactly right. I am enamored. I can't get over all the gizmos and gadgets, touch screen, back-up camera, satellite radio, usb ports, flashlight, keyless entry, bluetooth, bigfoot. It reminds me of when we got the fancy refrigerator with the ice and water dispenser in the door. Movin' on up, Weezy.

I get it now. All those "car guys" who are really into their cars... yeah, finally, I get it. It's all about car identity-- having a car that reflects who you are, having a car with verve and spirit. And it is like being a member of a special tribe. This is a whole new feeling for me... for us. Who knew a car could be so transporting, emotionally? So the Renegade is already taking us to the proverbial places that we've never been, and we have barely left the driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow! You're a poet and don't know it.
I read this to my wife and she couldn't stop yelling.
Your feelings mirrored my wife's.
You nailed the feeling in every way.

We've been watching the Renegade for at least a year now, and to finally have one has been a huge emotional high for both of us.
We've been having the Grand Cherokee for over a year now, but the Renegade has awakened the child in both of us.

Run away-ay with me
Lost souls in reverie
Running wild and running free
Two kids, you and me

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome!
That's how I felt the first time I saw it.
The first time I saw one on the road (in Hopedale MA), those people must have thought, "who is this crazy person waving at us and clapping and woohoo-ing?"

Me. That was me.

Maybe I'll see you around!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Tony,

I ordered the rubber slush mats and cargo mat this morning from renegadeready. Those will be great for snow and beach. We will need sturdy cross bars for our two kayaks (heavy 13 footers) and maybe even a hullavator. Maybe a fishing rod holder/rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.