Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The next-generation 2018 Jeep Wrangler has been spied testing for the very first time.

Sporting significant camouflage, the 2018 Jeep Wrangler prototype was caught on camera by spy photographers outside Auburn Hills, Michigan. Although it is heavily camouflaged, you can still make out the trademark Wrangler front end, but noticeably different are the bulging front fenders. Expect various aerodynamic tweaks to be made to the Wrangler’s new body with the main changes being a fixed windshield and a possibly longer front end.

The major focus will be to shed weight, with Jeep turning to aluminum, even though most of the body will still be made of steel. Under the hood, the Pentastar V6 engine will remain as the mainstream powertrain option, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Also rumored to join the lineup is a 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel V6 engine, while a hybrid powertrain is also a possibility.

Even though it will have a focus on improving fuel economy, the American automaker promises to also improve the Wrangler’s off-road capabilities. Expect to see the 2018 Jeep Wrangler to make its debut sometime early next year before it heads to dealerships in the summer.
Read more about the Next-Gen 2018 Jeep Wrangler Spied Testing for the Very First Time at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
48 Posts
"Even though it will have a focus on improving fuel economy, the American automaker promises to also improve the Wrangler’s off-road capabilities."

The Wrangler is already tops off road. I would think priority would be on road comfort since that is where it spends most of it's time. Safety improvements would be good too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
is it just me, or does it seem like the front bumper juts out REAL far? I hope they don't **** up the wrangler this time. I'm hoping to make the wrangler my next car, but that's predicated on a few things... not ruining it being a big one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
think of how they have "modernised" the cherokee.
I think the frontend will be a"wranglified" renegade, a little more aerodynamic but keeps the bottomhalf of that old wrangler look.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I for one don't like how large the Wrangler has become. I understand that the older Wranglers didn't have much cargo room, but I think they looked a lot better. That's one attribute I really liked about the Renegade; relatively small and not over-bloated like the Cherokee.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Guys, this could be a disguised Jeep Pickup Truck, we all know that is coming, so this could be it, the disguise adds a cab on the back to fool everyone...notice how long the wheelbase is...

Starting to look like a bus.
Yeah it looks like you could eat your dinner off that bumper.
For real. Looks absolutely humongous. Next step - Jeep Limo.
think of how they have "modernised" the cherokee.
I think the frontend will be a"wranglified" renegade, a little more aerodynamic but keeps the bottomhalf of that old wrangler look.
I for one don't like how large the Wrangler has become. I understand that the older Wranglers didn't have much cargo room, but I think they looked a lot better. That's one attribute I really liked about the Renegade; relatively small and not over-bloated like the Cherokee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, this could be a disguised Jeep Pickup Truck, we all know that is coming, so this could be it, the disguise adds a cab on the back to fool everyone...notice how long the wheelbase is...
Yes, nice thinking there :)
looking at the pics again and i realise that the pics of the rear/left side it looks like a tailhatch (correct word?) and the disguise on the left side looks a bit odd from the front door and bockwards

ooooh the tension rises ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.