Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this nifty little feature whereby the passenger seat lifts up to reveal a small storage area. I have not seen this mentioned or discussed previously.

Can anyone in Europe who already owns a Renegade confirm is this feature in fact exists and if so, on which models?

See the below YouTube video where the feature is shown at 2:03 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZdmztjixs

Below is a screenshot from the video as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I suspect the feature was obviously created for the American market. Great place to store their handguns!
Really??? Nice stereotyping. And its not a great feature if our 300 pound girlfriends are sitting there. The storage is for beer or sammiches. Or in Colorado, its for weed.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What do you think you would store in there? First aid kit? Flashlight? ???
I suspect the feature was obviously created for the American market. Great place to store their handguns!
Really??? Nice stereotyping. And its not a great feature if our 300 pound girlfriends are sitting there. The storage is for beer or sammiches. Or in Colorado, its for weed.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?:D

Thats a perfect place to put my guns!!!! That was the first thing I thought of!:D;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
The storage area was available for the initials models if ordered with the function pack 2, now is no more available have the storage below passenger seat.
Where did you get that info from? Love to know. I've never seen anything about this feature mentioed anywhere by Jeep.

And how could it be "no longer available" when the car has not yet been available?

And I agree with others who say it's a great place to keep a gun. Let an adult sit in that seat so a child can't get to a gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where did you get that info from? Love to know. I've never seen anything about this feature mentioed anywhere by Jeep.

And how could it be "no longer available" when the car has not yet been available?

And I agree with others who say it's a great place to keep a gun. Let an adult sit in that seat so a child can't get to a gun.
I got This info when I bought mine, remember that are months that this jeep is available in Europe.

Like reported by other users this feature was mentioned in a pack that was called "function pack 2"

·
Registered
370 Posts
So you got yours in Europe. Have you seen any in Europe with the glass sunroof? Love to see inside and outside pictures of the glass sunroof offered only in Europe. Please post pictures if you can. They are impossible to find on the Internet. thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey thanks for the great pictures. Now that IS something I would buy. I really fail to understand why they don't offer it here. They spend millions of dollars to be able to produce that roof just for the European market. So why not ship some stateside to help pay for the production expense? I boycott the car and will not buy one until it's offered with a glass sunroof. I can wait, no hurry. I suspect it will happen maybe a year after they come out and are not selling well. Once people realize they can't stow the roof panels and luggage in the trunk then folks will not be paying for that roof. It's just takes up a big chunk of a small trunk and who wants to travel with no luggage?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.