Jeep Renegade Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner for a 4x4 Latitude. Oddly, the user manual or owners manual doesn't have any info on the ZF_9HP_transmission for the 2.4L Renegade. I'm a manual guy, so the auto controls aren't intuitive to me.

- does the + and - on the left side of the shifter base signify an up/down shift ?

- there is a button/indicator on the back of the shifter base with a design of the car and wavy tire tracks. What's this mean ?

- why is there a button switch on the front of the shift knob ?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is an owners manual. Read it.
Wow....you're a real sour-puss to folks on this board aren't you? Sheesh.... :nerd: If either of my daughters talked to another human being (stranger or not) as crass as you do all the time I see around here, this Mommy would be warming some bottoms with the paddle! You either need laid or a good paddling to introduce you to some manners. ;)

To the OP- the links the Moderator provided above are good and I might add some personal experience in this (from running my machine on the Sand Dunes-- the auto trans put into manual mode will only allow it to hold 1st gear until about 26 MPH or so, because after that, it will still shift into manual 2nd on it's own whether you want it to or not. FYI.

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers!
:x

·
Registered
753 Posts
While I fully respect and appreciate the various opinions from everyone, one I thing don't understand is general unfriendliness or simple rudeness.

I also understand not having patience for people too lazy to help themselves. But I don't understand actually investing time belittling or insulting said person.

Dunno, just a trend I've noticed here on the forums lately, :-/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.