Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in a state of disbelief that as far as I can tell, Jeep won't offer a glass sunroof for the American Renegade. Is this truly possible?
Does Jeep not realize that this "My Sky" comes as across as kind of gimmicky, and for many of us in cold weather climates, having a see-through roof is a non-negotiable option, as opening a sunroof isn't an option for a large chunk of the year.
What further blows my mind is that a sweet panoramic glass sunroof exists as a European option, it's not as if further design work is required.
I've never been tempted to buy a Jeep before, but was actually pretty excited by the Renegade.
But if the glass sunroof isn't a US option, than I'm out. I can't be the only one who will lose interest in this vehicle until we can have a glass sunroof.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's not a make or break for me, as I don't like sunroofs in general. However, there are plenty of people that do and I thought it was a pretty weird decision to not offer a glass unit... at least this year.. strange.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sucks it isnt an option, just like the projector HIDs you can get on the Euro models as well. Probably deemed too expensive to offer. The power MySky is already going to be a $1500 option.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't like a sunroof in any car. I don't necessarily like the MySky roof either. I'd bet someone will install it incorrectly and have it fly off while driving on the highway. Or drop it on the pavement and ding a corner and it won't fit/seal properly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't like a sunroof in any car. I don't necessarily like the MySky roof either. I'd bet someone will install it incorrectly and have it fly off while driving on the highway. Or drop it on the pavement and ding a corner and it won't fit/seal properly.

The operation of removal/installation really looks no more difficult than that of "T - Tops" in the 70s & 80s. The only difference is the T - Tops were made of glass.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sucks it isnt an option, just like the projector HIDs you can get on the Euro models as well. Probably deemed too expensive to offer. The power MySky is already going to be a $1500 option.
I have a Fiat 500L. When I went looking for one the panoramic sunroof added only about $1000.00 to the price. I just checked the Fiat site and it's still about that much extra, comes as part of a package that includes Siurus radio and a larger screen.

So how it could cost $1500.00 in Europe is a mystery to me. I fully agree with all that it sucks that a glass roof will not be offered here despite the fact that they do build this car with a glass roof, only for Europe. Suggest folks call or email Jeep to complain about this. If enough people tell them they will only buy one with a glass roof then perhaps they may bring that here. For me I will not buy one until it's offered with a glass roof.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Maybe it was deemed that glass would be too heavy for someone to remove.

·
Registered
831 Posts
What I don't understand is that if the vehicle ticks all the right boxes, why does no glass roof scuttle the whole deal?

I've developed this nasty habit of only looking through the windshield when I drive...

·
Registered
61 Posts
What I don't understand is that if the vehicle ticks all the right boxes, why does no glass roof scuttle the whole deal?

I've developed this nasty habit of only looking through the windshield when I drive...
But don't you see... we have to pick at things that don't really matter that much. What fun would it be to be happy with something that ticks all the right boxes? :D

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts

I can only tell you why I want one. I'm 6'7" tall and not particularly leggy. This puts my head near the roof in most cars. For a lot of cars, a sunroof makes it a lot easier to see traffic signals and signage in intersections where the layot has been done poorly, which is a large chunk of NJ (where I live).

For the renegade, it's likely not a deal killer as it's pretty upright and tall inside form the look of things, and that type of configuration is much less problematic for me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.