Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a Trailhawk yesterday. Very impressed with how it handled bumps and how quiet the cabin was. One big issue... No MySky! That is a deal breaker for us. From all the research the salesman and I have done there isn't a single MySky roof anywhere within 500 miles of the east coast. He said that includes Renegades in transit. What a bunch of BS... How could you delay the release of such an anticipated vehicle and when you finally do release it, it's basically incomplete. I've never bought a Jeep before, but if this is standard operating procedure I'm not sure I want one. My salesman even attempted to put and order in for me and he said the system would not allow him to do so. The best he could do was select a dealer preference, but there is no guarantee he will ever see that vehicle. Now I need to decide what to do... I've got a vehicle with 80k on it and each day we drive it the value continues to plummet. I'm already upside down by nearly 5k. Is anyone hearing anything about the MySky availability and possible time frame?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
They are still selling through the first ship load of 3000 that arrived. They hit the docks with mysky only being in production for a short while. I suspect there just aren't any mysky vehicles here yet. There should be some on the next boatload though. Given current sell through rated, they are going to want that boat here in about a week form now and hitting showrooms about 7-10 days after that.

I suspect there are no plans to let you order anything custom, but rather do what is increasingly the norm and make what they make and let dealers pick from inventory at best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had the same problem but we're able to put an order in, one BIG problem...4 to 6 month wait. Geeze, the 2016's will be out by then. We went ahead and did the order but continue to shop. Corporate said My Sky will be showing up at the end of May, so we are hoping to get one earlier than 6 months. I definitely think Chrysler took a black eye over this mess. Ticks me off...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.