Jeep Renegade Forum banner

No parts to fix the car

10K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  syzygy 
#1 ·
So I leased my renegade in April, a month after having it the car completely shut down in the middle of the highway. They told me the software had to be updated which I find strange considering it's a brand new car what is there to update? Then I unfortunately had a small accident in a parking lot in the beginning of June, bring he car in the a geico preferred shop and they tell me it will only take a week to fix the front bumper. Three weeks go by and they call to tell me that keep has not yet created the parts needed to fix my renegade!! How is this possible how do you sell a car that has no parts to fix it?! A month went by and I had to return my loaner through my insurance because they only cover for a month, after calling the dealership and then Chrysler themselves they refused to give me a loaner car because "it's not their fault I had an accident" it took a few days of calling and complaining to get a loaner from jeep meanwhile they are telling me they don't know how long it will take to fix my car because they don't know when parts will be created !! At this point they have had my car for about 6 weeks, I am still paying the monthly payments and they called me today saying they need the loaner back! I need help on what my options are I need out of this lease this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever dealt with its not my fault that they sold a car they cannot fix I won't continue to pay to a car I am not driving. The customer service is disgusting to take the loaner back and tell me it's no there fault I had an accident. Can anyone help me with what my options are considering jeep is no help what so ever

See less See more
#2 ·
If I am not mistaken, other than the transmission that is built in the USA, everything else is built in Italy. So parts most likely will have to be made there and shipped in. Whether it goes directly to the dealership or stored in a warehouse some where is another question. So that may explain why there are no part replacements anywhere (or quickly enough). But you may want to private message member @JeepCares and see if he can do anything.

BTW, what dealership is this?

TS

#4 ·
An accident is called an accident for a reason how is it my fault that they don't have parts to fix my car? I "smashed my car" okay and that means I should pay for it for months while it sits in a shop not being fixed how does that make any sense? And part of jeep vip is to have a loaner car when your car is in the shop so they weren't "being nice" to give me a loaner I spent a lot of money on that car the least they can do is give me a loaner while my car sits there collecting cobwebs while I continue to pay for it.

#7 ·
I've got to agree with raz-0 on this one. I would never expect anyone but myself to be responsible for inconveniences or costs resulting from something I did to my vehicle. Anything Jeep has done for you regarding this is above and beyond what I would expect. If this were a warranty parts failure, it would be a different story.

#6 ·
Sorry, that's a shame. Not sure why they're saying no parts are available. I've read other people on here who have had fender benders, got rear ended, things like that and then got it fixed.
Probably have to wait a time for the parts to come over though but I haven't seen anyone post that they have none available period.
Of course I don't know how bad a shape yours is in or what they need to replace on it though.

#14 · (Edited)
its a new model not a redesign!!! the first year is always rough and parts sometimes take longer does not mean it wont get fixed It just would take more time then a car with parts readily available depending on where they come from I remember years ago a lot of the jap companies like Toyota had to send parts from japan before they had warehouses here in the US my friend had a 4runner and took 2 months to get a back windshield!!!

#17 ·
Someone hit my renny while parked on the street (7/27/2015). Called Geico, the following day was on the repair shop with my rental suv waiting. It took them 10 working days to get it done (parts wait, 7 working days), replacing right front fender (+ paint job), right front fender molding, front bumper cover fascia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.