Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just picked up two for my vehicles. They are all made in China. Just make sure they are UL Listed. I only paid 58.00 case and all but have not had a reason to use. It is small enough to fit under a seat. Most brands on Amazon are actually made in same factory under different names. Most have well over 4 stars.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I just picked up two for my vehicles. They are all made in China. Just make sure they are UL Listed. I only paid 58.00 case and all but have not had a reason to use. It is small enough to fit under a seat. Most brands on Amazon are actually made in same factory under different names. Most have well over 4 stars.
OK, but I'm looking on Amazon and there are all sorts of amperage ratings -- 1000A, 1500A, 2000A... Which will work here?

Also, I'm amazed at the small size of these things. How can they crank a car, when the normal car battery is so heavy?

·
Registered
338 Posts
OK, but I'm looking on Amazon and there are all sorts of amperage ratings -- 1000A, 1500A, 2000A... Which will work here?

Also, I'm amazed at the small size of these things. How can they crank a car, when the normal car battery is so heavy?
They are rated for engine size but bigger will just last longer. They can be small because they are lithium ion not lead acid. They have a built in boost ability that is protected from going beyond a safe voltage. They also have cross connection protection and other safeties that are not apart of the normal jumper cable process.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have one of these in mine, my daughters and my wife's car, fortunately I have not had to use it on my car yet, but a couple of weeks ago I jumped a Ram 1500 outside Lowes with it with no problems.

Its been in my car for about 4 months and is still at 100% charge.

Amazon.
Audew Jump Starter 1500 Amp 18000mAh Car Battery Jump Starter with 15W Wireless Charging (Up to 8.5L Gas and 6.5L Diesel) 12-Volt Intelligent IC Jumper Cables, Quick Charge Type-C & Flashlight.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have one of these in mine, my daughters and my wife's car, fortunately I have not had to use it on my car yet, but a couple of weeks ago I jumped a Ram 1500 outside Lowes with it with no problems.

Amazon.
Audew Jump Starter 1500 Amp 18000mAh Car Battery Jump Starter with 15W Wireless Charging (Up to 8.5L Gas and 6.5L Diesel) 12-Volt Intelligent IC Jumper Cables, Quick Charge Type-C & Flashlight.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Amazon.
That is a nice one. But Marek yours will definitely do the job. Like I said larger in your case would just be about how many uses you would get before having to recharge it. Assuming you would replace the battery if you needed it more then a couple of times in quick succession it will get the job done. Here to you never actually needing it.

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
No I think the idea is you don't want the donor battery draining over several minutes or more while the dead battery gets charged up enough to start.
That's similar to what I was meaning hence I believed that's why you should run the engine on the donor vehicle.

Audew Jump Starter 1500 Amp
Micky thats a great find. I am considering if it's worthwhile keeping one in a sea/waterproof bag on board my boat. I use dual batteries but you never know what can happen at sea. :love:(y)(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 jeep renegade trailhawk around 53,000 miles. My battery died this morning and I got a jumpstart. We replaced the batter this afternoon and now there is no power at all going to the jeep. Fuses have been checked, it’s a new battery and it has been checked. Not sure what else to do?
Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have a 2019 Compass and replaced the batteries and am having a similar issue. No power through whole vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to know too because my friend is experiencing this same issue and the damn thread just got taken over by a stupid jumpstart discussion... 🙄
Soo I ended up towing it to the dealership. Again still had 0 power. No dome lights. Nothing. Had positive battery cables on positive post on both batteries and negative to their terminals. Dealer had it going in 30 mins. One of the battery cables on the aux battery ( there are 2 cables on the aux battery positive side) was under the battery tray. So a stupid mistake that I made that cost me a extra $100 on a battery change. Hopefully your friend figures it out and hopefully it's something as simple as my fix.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
the damn thread just got taken over by a stupid jumpstart discussion... 🙄
I just saw this post from June, the first and only post from Jenn83.

Being one of the people who "took over" the thread, I'd just like to point out that the discussion of jump-starting was critical regarding Emilydawn91's (OP's) initial issue. There was credible information that jump-starting a Renegade -- no matter what the Owner's Manual syas -- can lead to catastrophic electrical damage to a Renegade. That information, regarding using a jump pack instead, was to hopefully prevent me and others from having the same problem.

The car has two batteries. One smaller one right under the big one.
As georgef wrote, no, that's apparently not the case. There's been some misleading information about that, connected with the Automatic Stop/Start system. But nobody has ever been able to prove that there's a second battery, or where it is. My Jeep dealer confirms that while the Cherokee has a second aux battery, the Renegade only has one.

But it's impossible to prove a negative. So yes, please post a photo of the second battery to prove your claim...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
One of the battery cables on the aux battery ( there are 2 cables on the aux battery positive side) was under the battery tray.
And I just read this post carefully, referring again to a second aux battery.

Mhulsey91 wrote previously that he's got a 2019 Compass. Apparently those too (and the Cherokee) have an aux battery for the Auto Stop/Start system.

But not the Renegade...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts