Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the KL (Cherokee) Trailhawk, you can get FCW, BSW, RCTA, all those other safety features...

...but you can't get it on the Renegade Trailhawk? Why the heck not?

I want to buy a Trailhawk, but I really want these features.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Spain, the Renegade TH included optional Lane Departure Warning Sense Plus and an optional package that includes parking assistant, although the latter had suspended the sale in mid-December.
Standard includes rear parking sensors.
No incorporates, even as an option, the Forward Collision warning plus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The answer I got a week ago was that the different 4wd system/gearbox pairing in TrailHawk doesn't allow for electronics to control speed and downshift required for Forward Collision Mitigation and Active Cruise Control to work.

I hate these kind of lineups, when you just can't have a model with all the options you want.
Every in-depth review so far stressed that TrailHawk suspension setup was more comfortable and quieter in cabin on the tarmac than Limited version. TrailHawk setup has also better turning circle. So TrailHawk does off-road better, is comfier and quieter on-road, is tighter in city/underground parking situations, it looks better without that weird front spoiler and tacky silver grill on Limited, but just to **** with you, they removed radar sensor from it. :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
At least it keeps the price down? That's trying hard to find a silver lining.

I'm really torn between the Limited and the Trailhawk. And I'll be honest and say the Trailhawk's styling is a big part of it. I think a test drive would sort that out nicely.

Mazda CX-5 is really nice looking though... Good to have choices!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The answer I got a week ago was that the different 4wd system/gearbox pairing in TrailHawk doesn't allow for electronics to control speed and downshift required for Forward Collision Mitigation and Active Cruise Control to work.
That is a pure garbage answer, sounds like it came from a car salesperson. The Cherokee Trailhawk has it and it shares the powertrain. The Jeep person at the LA Auto Show told me they will sometimes hold back some features to introduce them in the following years just to show something new. Yes, I want the tech as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Based on where the radar sensor is, it's obviously due to the tow hooks being mounted in that location. So it's a matter of putting the sensor someplace else on the Trailhawk. Like CalTom said there's a really good chance they'll do that in a future model year, but it's unfortunate that they didn't do that from the get go.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Am I the only one saying "thank goodness they didn't add all that **** to the truck"?
That is why they are called options, if it is a feature you don't want or care about, that's fine, you can buy yours anyway you want.

Some of us do want to purchase the technology, call us early adopters or some of us consider the benefits to outweigh any potential drawbacks.

For us, yes, we want it as an option!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My issue is with the fact that all too many "options" come in packages ("you want this? well ya' gotta' take that, that, and that as well"). Then there's the added bonus that many packages are only available if you get other packages as well. :|

(Not saying this is a Jeep thing... it's a common annoyance from many automakers.)

But personally, I'd very happily leave off anything that drives to drive my vehicle for me. If someone can't stay in their lane, back up / park their own vehicle, or do a basic shoulder check to verify what's in their blindspot... they shouldn't be on the road!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
But personally, I'd very happily leave off anything that drives to drive my vehicle for me. If someone can't stay in their lane, back up / park their own vehicle, or do a basic shoulder check to verify what's in their blindspot... they shouldn't be on the road!
Your right, all automakers package things sometimes in ways we do not want.

Regarding technology, I understand people all think they are superhuman, that things never happen to them, because they are such excellent drivers.

Look up the number of accidents by those superhuman distracted drivers.

1) Your five year old child says, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, and you look away from the road for "just a second".

2) Someone sends you a text, and you "will only take your eyes off the road this one time" to read it.

3) Your backing out of a tight parking space, you say no problem, I'm a great driver, but in reality there is some part of your vehicle, another vehicle or building obstruction you cannot see and CRUNCH you have a $1,000 repair bill.

Some of us know we are superhuman and some of us know humans are super, but not perfect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My issue is with the fact that all too many "options" come in packages ("you want this? well ya' gotta' take that, that, and that as well"). Then there's the added bonus that many packages are only available if you get other packages as well. :|

(Not saying this is a Jeep thing... it's a common annoyance from many automakers.)

yep im with you, i dont want any drivers assists. as for option packaging that is annoying too. in the cherokee, theres only like 3-4 things i want in the comfort and convenience group but i gotta get all 12 for $1,600. nope.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not superhuman... I'm simply a competent driver. 20+ years, three quarters of a million kms, not a single accident.

The only driver "aids" (crutches) I can stomach are those that I can turn off!
i hear you on that.
i've been the same way for just as long with no need for those nanny's.
it's just too bad that there's a whole wave of people coming up with aids as standard and being conditioned to it... resulting in current aids and future aids being standard and likely with no option to turn off, sadly.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
The user manuals for European versions indicate that TH only takes one detachable front tow hook, it seems that the reason for not incorporating frontal collision warning should be different.
I think the issue there is that it is probably not just the tow hooks but the bumper design that permits the tow hooks. FCA claims they tried to get the tow hooks past pedestrian safety testing. They didn't obviously, but they stuck with the TH bumper design because it affects approach angle as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.