Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do my eyes deceive me, or is there no Trailer Tow Group available on the 2016 Limited 4x4? The configurator appears not to have the Tow Group as an option (but it is an option on the Trailhawk). I was looking for a Limited with both Safety and Security, Advanced Technology and the Tow Group (have been unable to find this in a '15 in the Boston area), so I was resigned to getting a '16 and now it looks like that might not be an option. Really want the Advanced Technology Group (like the safety features as I'm buying the Renegade for a teenage driver), which is why I ruled out the Trailhawk.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You may need the TrailHawk gear ratios to get that now. Although the 9-speed Auto should work for all, particularly if you can start in 1st in the Limited. Is this in North America? The EU has much better towing standards than N.A. (I am in Canada), in my opinion. Also the TrailHawk has a transmission cooler, I don't know if the limited has that. This would be critical to transmission life.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can get the Safety and Security package on the TH 2016 because my order has it. Also getting tow package.

I must agree that your teenage driver is lucky to be getting a new car.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You may need the TrailHawk gear ratios to get that now. Although the 9-speed Auto should work for all, particularly if you can start in 1st in the Limited. Is this in North America? The EU has much better towing standards than N.A. (I am in Canada), in my opinion. Also the TrailHawk has a transmission cooler, I don't know if the limited has that. This would be critical to transmission life.

Why do you think the Trailhawk has a transmission cooler? I have one and as far as I am aware it has the same transmission as all the other autos.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looking at the build sheet for my as yet undelivered trailhawk, I see no mention of a tranny cooler, only an oil cooler. I did order the factory tow package.

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you can get the Safety/Security package on the Trailhawk, but not the Advanced Technology.

I agree with the comments about the teenage driver getting a new car; when I was a teenager my "car" was a 10 speed Schwinn. It is a conundrum, because it's the teenage drivers that I feel should have the safety nannies like FCW, etc., but the cars we tend to get them are second hand beaters with Takada airbags!

·
Registered
182 Posts
A little late to the dance, but so people who find this thread should know that if you order a Limited with 4wd you can order the tow package. I just went thru it and I was puzzled because I have seen 2016 Limiteds with tow packages. I went back to the beginning and saw that you have to choose between the FWD and 4WD. The default is FWD so if you don't select 4WD you will be configuring a FWD and no tow package is offered on the FWD. Also if you choose the 4wd and choose the tow package it makes you add the full size spare tire with "MATCHING WHEEL".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just buy the Renegade and order the Retro-fit from RenegadeReady.com its what I did and I love it!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The other thing to bear in mind is that your consumer build-and-price tool on Jeep's website is not the same as what the dealership can use to order a vehicle. Unfortunately even they are limited to option-packages for a lot of things, but they may be able to custom-order things that you can't spec-out on the website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.