Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have universal crossbars, but I'd like to buy blades. Any recommendations?

I'm also an REI member, I got a decent dividend and have a 20% off coupon for one item. I'm thinking of this...

http://www.rei.com/product/886976/thule-canyon-roof-top-basket

Anyone have any input or suggestions based on past experiences?

I really like the look of the concept/show model renegades from Jeep, but I'm not sure how long it will take to get the accessories (like the JPP basket) out to market.

Attachments

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Pak, I run a Liberty with it's OEM rails. I use crossbars or a rack.

May I offer:
Not to contradict CalTom, but Thule, to me, seems more style than substance. They have to be dead-on for your application, then they are a great thing. Those clasps would never grab a Liberty rail and i think not a Renegade rail either. So please conside in your choosings. Maybe they have one ready for Renegade.

I think the Renegade pic you provided has it's box photoshopped. Nowhere can I see closeup how the Thule clasps are built.

In any case, please remember to also strap the box to the side rails, not just the the crossbar. Those can give way.

But I do love a good rack! Enjoy the chase!

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I actually owned a KK 08 Liberty too. Loved it, but a leaky roof and a faulty TIPM saw me trade it in after the birth of my daughter. Lost the will to fight back with it. I'm sure I'll buy another one someday.

I'm going to check out some options next week. The best part about REI is their ridiculous return policy, so I can try it out for up to a year before having to make a decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.