Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
It seems only Trailhawk version has water fording capability, this is due FWC sensor placed in the front bumper and not water sealed?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,
It seems only Trailhawk version has water fording capability, this is due FWC sensor placed in the front bumper and not water sealed?
Does that mean the FWC no longer works after fording or that it simply needs time to dry out before working again?

It would seem even a major rain storm or getting doused by a passing 18 wheeler could have nearly the same effect as fording.

Has Jeep published any text on the fording issue or the need to keep the FWC sensor dry? If so, can you provide a link or paste in the text?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does that mean the FWC no longer works after fording or that it simply needs time to dry out before working again?

It would seem even a major rain storm or getting doused by a passing 18 wheeler could have nearly the same effect as fording.

Has Jeep published any text on the fording issue or the need to keep the FWC sensor dry? If so, can you provide a link or paste in the text?

Hello,
I asked about water fording for my version (Renegade 2.0 Diesel 4WD ATX9) but I haven't received a clear answer by Jeep care. All the Renegades owners know that the FWC has problems with rain and snow but in the user manual is reported as normal.
For what I know Jeep hasn't published any text about fording. Here in Italy some peoples have problems with the FWC not working or with false warning but seems a problem with the very firsts delivered renegade.

In theory this problem doesn't exist because TH isn't equipped with FWC and fording with any other version (even 4WD) is at your risk because is reported without fording capability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.