Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others, I purchased the Lifetime Maximum Care vehicle protection plan. From reading the details of the plan I see the list of all of the components that are covered, of course, but I also see that it states that if the failure is due to normal wear than the failed components are not covered. So if my radio dies in 7 years will they just deny my claim by stating that its normal wear and that radios die after a certain amount of time? What is that life expectancy of the Air conditioning compressor, water pump, or the power steering pump? Is there a time frame on all of this stuff or are they expected to last the life of the vehicle? Should I be concerned that if stuff fails in a number of years it will all be written off as normal wear? Anyone have any experience with this stuff, or input they would like to share? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I understand it now. The Mopar site states that... A: Lifetime plans provide mechanical repairs for the covered components listed in your personalized plan provisions, but they do not include wear items like brakes or tires. Non-mechanical benefits like first day rental, rental allowance, roadside assistance, towing allowance and trip interruption benefits expire at 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Lifetime plans cover only for the original owner; they are not transferable unless required by state law.
So basically, if "wear" components that are excluded from the service plan fail and are the cause of the failure to covered components, the plan wouldn't cover this.

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
AC compressor life is probably at about 10-11 years. Much more realistic for the warranty time frame would be AC lines and/or fittings leaking.

If you really want to know the answer to such things, you'd probably do best asking in a forum that isn't renegade specific since the renegade has been out for all of 7 months +/- in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.