Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Raleigh here, Brier Creek area. It's the closest I can get to RTP and still be in Wake County. When I moved here from Knightdale I worked in the Park, but now I'm working in Burlington until my company's new Triangle office opens, so the miles are racking up quickly on my Latitude turbo manual!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Raleigh here, Brier Creek area. It's the closest I can get to RTP and still be in Wake County. When I moved here from Knightdale I worked in the Park, but now I'm working in Burlington until my company's new Triangle office opens, so the miles are racking up quickly on my Latitude turbo manual!
Hey, we are close neighbors! I am in North Cary about 2 miles from I-40. Did you get yours from Westgate? Or did you go with Autopark East in Wendell before you moved?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hey, we are close neighbors! I am in North Cary about 2 miles from I-40. Did you get yours from Westgate? Or did you go with Autopark East in Wendell before you moved?
I actually bought my Renegade at Sport Durst on 15-501 in Durham. I shopped Westgate, Autopark East & Hendrick, but Sport Durst had the model I wanted. Autopark had an orange manual, but it came with nav and MySky, neither of which I wanted to pay for.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I actually bought my Renegade at Sport Durst on 15-501 in Durham. I shopped Westgate, Autopark East & Hendrick, but Sport Durst had the model I wanted. Autopark had an orange manual, but it came with nav and MySky, neither of which I wanted to pay for.
Cool. I saw that orange one at Autopark... I would have bought it if it were blue or green (although, I've heard some horror stories about the Autopark's service dept).

What model and features did you end up with?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got the 1.4 six-speed Latitude, FWD. I couldn't justify the extra cost, weight & maintenance of the 4x4, knowing I'd never really use it aside from a possible wintertime trip to the NC mountains or my family's home in Buffalo once a year. If it was a torque-vectoring system, I probably would have gone for it.

I think it's the basic Latitude layout, option-wise. The standard Latitude equipment gave me everything I wanted, nothing I didn't. The only option I would have liked was the 17" wheels, I tried to include it in the deal, but according to the dealer each vehicle build sheet specifies which wheels it ships with, so they couldn't just swap the wheels with another one on the lot. They were already taking pretty good care of me on my trade-in so I didn't push it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Durham here. Rene is two weeks old now. Black Sport 4x4, with 5.0 u connect and power. Actually liked the stock sport look (all black on black). Doing some visual upgrades for now - custom decals, leds, branding, full tint, etc.

So far, it's great. Glad to be problem-free thus far.

Cheers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Durham here. Rene is two weeks old now. Black Sport 4x4, with 5.0 u connect and power. Actually liked the stock sport look (all black on black). Doing some visual upgrades for now - custom decals, leds, branding, full tint, etc.

So far, it's great. Glad to be problem-free thus far.

Cheers.
Welcome to the forums! Your sport sounds awesome. Post some pics when you get the upgrades done. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
FYI if someone has not purchased yet in NC the Costco pricing was $1,100 below invoice plus you still got to use the $500 rebate. No haggling needed. Crown Dodge Jeep in Greensboro is the only dealer in NC that can do this pricing. I was looking at a little over $25k out the door on a loaded Latitude 4wd. Talk to Caitlin.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cool. I saw that orange one at Autopark... I would have bought it if it were blue or green (although, I've heard some horror stories about the Autopark's service dept).

What model and features did you end up with?
Do y'all rememeber what color interior that orange manual one had? was it 4x4? Thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't remember the interior. It was a 4x4 and had MySky and uconnect 6.5 w/Nav. So basically a loaded manual Latitude, a bit more loaded than I really wanted.
Sounds like the one I ordered, except I didnt want Nav since $1200 for Nav is steep compared to other cars. I'll just use my iphone.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sounds like the one I ordered, except I didnt want Nav since $1200 for Nav is steep compared to other cars. I'll just use my iphone.
Agreed. The nav was something I definitely did not want to pay for. This is my first vehicle with a touch screen system of any kind, so the uConnect 5.0 is plenty gee-whiz for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lift Kit Install, Raleigh!

Well, now that I've ordered my Daystar lift kit, does anyone have any suggestions on where I may be able to get it installed in Raleigh? This is my 4th Jeep but just the first that will ever be lifted, so I'm a bit new to the process... Any suggestions welcome!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.